1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All State Teams?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Man, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

I was wondering what do the All State Teams do after they are established? Do they compete against each other at the grand?

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

3. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Do they do anything after they are established?

4. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

Don't take this to the bank but I believe this is how zone teams work. Once state zone teams are established, they will shoot at your state shoot. They shoot as they normally would but their scores will be added to the winners of their respective zone shoot which would include whomever won their class in AA, A, B, C, D, Ladies, Vest, Sr. Vet, etc. in the North, Central, Southern zones.

Once the scores from the individual classes are added together, this will establish the best zone in your state. Now that zone has bragging rights.

From what I know, this is it. Nothing more.

Good Luck

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

WindyCity- What you described above may be done in some states, but not in any that I know.

Each state can enter a team into the Zone competition. At the Southern Zone, 10 different states can enter a team and they shoot for some sort of trophy. Also, each state can enter a team for competition at the Grand. These teams are frequently different from the honorary state teams that are selected at the end of the shooting year.

Pat Ireland

6. monroesc

monroesc Member

Windy City,
    That is how Ohio does it. We have 4 zones (NE, SE, NW, SW)and we have a team from each zone for singles and doubles. These people shoot during the final 2 days of the state shoot and the OSTA has added money for the zone team members and it is split according to predetermined percentages, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place.
    Sara
    NE Zone director

7. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Zone teams and All State teams are two different teams all together.

8. JES

JES Member

I think you are talking about the National Team race at the Grand held on Friday August 7th. events 7,8 and 9. I was looking for info on that too and could not find it.

9. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Browning Man-

I think the above website will answer most of your questions about All-State teams, or at least how they are established in Ohio. Other states do have different requirements.

Along with the honor of making the team, there is also an awards ceremony at our state shoot each year for the team.

There are no exclusive events or competitions with other teams of any kind.

Mike Humphrey

Logan, Ohio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.