1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All lewis Classes should be 50-30-20

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

All Lewis classes should be 50-30-20 in a 3 lewis class event 9 scores get paid
    not 6 as in 60-40.

The worst lewis Class payout I have seen is the Missouri Fall Handicap 4 lewis classes ONE money 100% on 4 scores this is good for the TOP dog but there won't be many playing this option.

Wait till you see the results of the lewis entries.

The 60-40 lewis class lines the pockets of the top 2 scores, they get a higher percentage of the shooters money. I do not play 60-40 lewis classes.

All lewis classes that I shot were 50-30-20 and I usually get my money back and cover most of that events target costs, But this is my OPINION not subject to anybody elses scrutiny.

I like the singles option at the Missouri Fall handicap they have a 50s option of $5.00 first-middle-last, this gets a lot of action.

Missouri Fall Handicap 50s option pays 50-30-20 and this gets a lot of players.

Your ODDS of hitting the 4 100% lewis class scores is not good odds.
    Remember this is not a class option, AAA-AA-A-B-C-D are all in it.

The 25s option of one money I feel should be 60-40, you'll get more players here also, The top dogs make out here again w/this option.

The Doubles 50s option pays 50-30-20 This is a pretty good option.
    Again Lewis Class is 4 classes one money, ODDS not very good here.

Missouri Event #9 50 pr is 60-40 each class, this is a better bet, but 50-30-20 would be a better option.

The Wolf option on the handicap if you can break a score of 95 and higher fairly consistent is a good option, it will pay scores of 100-99-98-97-96-95
    it will pay down a little further depending how many play it.

The yardage groups option will pay the top 3 scores in each yardage group
    such as 19-20, 21-23, 24-26, and 27 ties divide it is not a high gun option.

Remember these are my opinions and are not subject to anyones scrutiny, they can play the options the way they see fit, but this is geared for the new in-expierenced shooters.

A lot of shooters just shoot for targets only, that is OK.

I love the area around the Lake of The Ozarks, it is a beautiful place and a lot of things for the ladies to do, lots of small and large Malls and Outlet Stores. Don't Forget to eat at the Happy Fisherman, I like the Hook and Hoof but it closed down and is now a Sports bar, On Hwy-54 at the end of the 4-lane there is a nice Mexican Restraunt,At the Top of the Hill there is a nice PASTA HOUSE, for you FUDGE eaters in Camdenton there is a FUDGE SHOP at the corner of Hwy-54 & Hwy 7 to the right of the point. If you go south on Hwy-54 and cross the bridge Rippling Waters Resort is on a road to the left, and before you cross the bridge on your left is some very affordable cottages.

I hope to see you there.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Leave the game the way it is for Petes sake. I'm so tired of hearing people cry about the flawed game because Leo and the gang are shooting our pants off. They are good and thats all there is to it. It so sounds like a bunch of jealousy. It reminds me of a couple of kindergarden kids playing and one kid leaving because he wants to play by his rules so he can win. Get good yourself or shut up. Hell it gives me something to go after and i've got so far to go. There is always i mean ALWAYS going to be BIG DOGS no matter what you do. The people that should be complaining are the Big Dogs because they are getting bored.----Matt

3. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

+1 for the Dr.

4. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

If not open to scrutiny Gary, why in the hell are you posting it?! You are a real hoot today and I am having trouble keeping up and editing my rule book per your edicts!! Tom Rhoads

5. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

If you don't like the game the way it is played, don't play it. The want to be shooters have deluted the game so much now that the big guns win even more with higher scores and less pay. The pay out on the Lewis is diffrent at almost all clubs where I shoot. some like hi gun pays others like % pays. Some like three pays groups others four. Makes the game interesting for those of us that don't always win a event or category or yardage group. Post-2

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Is it better to give more money to fewer shooters or give less money to more shooters? Now, at many shoots hitting a Lewis will not even cover the cost of entering the Lewis.

The Lewis purse remains the most popular, and perhaps the least understood purse. A class B shooter will not play a high gun singles purse because he would be betting against AA shooters. But he might play a Lewis purse because he feels he has a chance. What he fails to realize is that a Lewis purse paying three places is actually a 33% high gun purse. The top guns will get 1/3 of the purse, the remaining 2/3 of the purse is divided among the lucky.

Pat Ireland

7. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Matt, well said. I feel the same way. The 27yd. boys and girls worked hard and shot their hearts out for years to get there. The people whining are wanting to "Spread the wealth around". Now where have we heard that before.
    It's the same mindset as far as I see. I for one can't agree with them. J.W

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Speaking of Lewis Class payouts, the Markham Trap Club in S. Florida has increased the the Lewis option from a $10 fee to a $20 fee based on what the shooters wanted. We still pay two classes with less than 30 entrys and 3 classes with 30 and over Lewis entrys. Either way it's 60/40% per group

Eric

9. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

You Forgot the price of the shells Jerry,But I still like it Jon

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Wouldn't (Doesn't) it have to depend on the cost of entry? If the Lewis costs $5 what would you have for the 9 payouts? This was likely the origin of the 3 single payouts. When they went to $10 they tried 60-40 and the big money shoots at $20 would, theoretically, have enough cash to spread over the 50-30-20. Other than that, I agree with your idea. I'll always pay the $5s, usually always play the $10s, and look at the size of the entry list, plus my latest scores, before I'll lay down money on the $20s. One of the few things I remember out of James Turner's "The Secret of Trapshooting" (#1 Bestseller on the Podunk Times bestseller list) was to consider the Lewis as part of your entry fee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.