1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All Catholics should watch this video

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BuckGuru, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

Spend a few minutes watching this video which will answer your questions about voting. You will be glad you did.

2. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I am not a catholic but I did enjoy listening to this priest tell the truth regarding the evil of abortion. As he said, 48,000,000 million in USA and 1,000,000,000 innocent lives have been lost. I guess what I liked best about him was his clear and unflinching stand that abortion is wrong and no amount of "dressing it up " can change that .

Charlie

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

Religion vs. legal---- sorry last time i looked abortion was "legal" not religous---- big, big, big, huge, major, difference.

Bill

4. Charlie Becknell

Many atrocities have been commited with the "legal" okay. How come if a pregnant lady is slain they can adjudicate for double homicide? I do not believe you will get me to believe that abortion is "okay" just because some court says that it is okay.

Charlie

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

i never said it was ok either, but its legal because who "we" vote for is it not????

Bill

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

its ok, we already know the answer

Bill

7. Charlie Becknell

I believe the Supreme Court decided this and we did NOT vote for it. Our elected officials do what they want, at least some of them . It is my understanding that 84% of Americans want to make English the official language but people like BHO, Hilliary, Biden, Kennedy, etc voted against it. I guess I am missing something here. I will be against abortion if 99.99% of others feel it is okay. When I meet my Maker, I have to answer for me. Besides, Bill, it looks like you agree with me anyway.

Charlie

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Nipper, are you hearing voices or do you normally talk to yourself?

9. Ali

Ali TS Member

1) It's a judicial issue--not executive. So just because we vote for a pro-life candidate does not mean the law will change. Bush is pro-life. And Roe v. Wade is still upheld.

2) Those who are pro-choice are not anti-life. They just support the idea that in some situations, such as incest or rape, some women may choose to abort while others may not. There is a HUGE difference between saying "pro-choice" and "pro-abortion."

Here's my philosophy on abortion (and gay marriage for that matter): If you don't want one--don't get one.

We are not the moral police.

Just because I wouldn't want an abortion doesn't give me the right to tell a friend in an awful situation that she shouldn't as well. Not only that, but I can never pretend to imagine the difficult choice that a victim of rape or incest must face if she is left with child. And if I cannot understand it, what right do I have to pass judgment if she decides to abort the pregnancy?

In the end, all I really have to answer for is myself. After 19 years of my mother pounding into my head the mantra "Focus on yourself," it's working very well.

:-D

Ali

10. Charlie Becknell

Ali, I can see why you might think that, but who protects the baby's rights? Just because someone cannot speak for themselves does not mean they don't have rights. Many of our elderly in nursing homes could not protect themselves if someone wanted to harm them but we have laws for them. Tacit approval still does not make it right. I don't know your religious affiliation but I would urge you to ask your clergyman if abortion is okay.
    Momma is almost always right and if we listened to our mothers more we would all be better off,but taking a stand for the helpless isn't wrong.

Charlie

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

You can debate all you want. Rail about the woman's right. Call it "legal" and go with the mantra of it's not your right to say yes or no. I AGREE it's NOT my right. But it is the RIGHT of a God that many neither know nor fear! There will be a judgement, and it won't be any of us here on earth who oppose abortion that sit it in the Judges chair. If you can look someone in the eye and claim God just doesn't care about the killing of an innocent baby, then go on, but each year there are millions of babies(some murdered as they exit the womb and some who are even left to die on a clinic table). Go on an support that, but there WILL be a payday and many will wish they were on a different side when that day comes. The media will cover militant feminist rallies for abortion, but won't give any time to those women who have witnessed about how horrible of a mistake they made, or the story of the girl who was "aborted" and saved after that botched abortion. The woman who was the ROE in Roe vs. Wade today spends her energy if fighting against it, but she is banned by the courts from testifing in cases envolving it, and shunned by the liberal Media. You can campaign for abortion all you want, but it won't be me(or any other person) who will be your Judge.But there "will" be a judgement. Which side you are on when it comes is up to you. I used to get into heated arguments about it, but have since learned that I won't change anybody's mind. Calling names and argry insults won't gain anything. In fact, in a way I feel sorry for those who support it. The souls of the babies are already with God. It will be those who supported the taking of their lives you will answer to him for their choices. The one who can change their hearts is either accepted of rejected by them and in the end like it or not, HE will do the judging.The cold hard truth is that on that day, the voice of the voiceless will be heard in his court.

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The overwhelming majority of babies that are aborted are of african-american decent. I believe the legislation was pushed through in order to limit the growth of the minority population. For the most part, it takes the rights completely away from the black father.

Of course, that is not the spin that the politicians put on it...

13. laura!

laura! Member

When abortion is illegal, back alley abortions are what desperate women get. That should not be forgotten.

14. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Nipper,

It is NOT "religion vs legal". It is right vs wrong - a terrible wrong!

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Here is your new messiah.

16. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Gee Ali...how convenient to kill an unborn. Oh wait, the hard core, fanatical lefty supporters of abortion (including late term) are quick to determine it's just a blob or cell mass in development. Interesting how the terminology changes when someone chooses to get pregnant and they call it a baby..but if unintentional, it's called something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.