1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All campsites allready taken at the grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lilboss1970, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilboss1970

lilboss1970 Member

Called to get a camping spot at sparta for the grand and they informed me that there wasn't any spots available. They took my number and said they would call if anything came up. I have been the last two years and there have been lots of empty spots and I have a hard time believing that they will have all the spots taken this year. I guess being from missouri you have to prove it to me that they are sold out this year.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

How would you like us to prove it to you?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Why would they lie to you about that? I'm sure they'd be quite happy to take your money if they had a spot for rent.

4. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I believe they said that it was full last year as well. The IDNR was running it and I recall they were very short-staffed as far as managing the camping area, causing a lot of confusion.

During last years Grand in my electric only spot during the 2 weeks I had an empty spot next to me on one side, and the next door spot on the other side was used for only 2 nights of the first weekend. Just past that spot was a motorhome parked, plugged in, that was never used by anyone.

I can see it would be possible that someone had paid and could not make it, but every year there have been plenty of empty spots in electric only. With the ATA running the show this year and splitting up the charges with a 4 day minimun stay you would assume that the area will be more tightly managed. Only time will tell.

If I was in need of spot I would keep checking back here and stay on the list that the ATA has, as plans can change over a period of 6 weeks.

5. lilboss1970

lilboss1970 Member

This is what I was referring to. The last two years they tell me it's sold out and I'm talking about the electric only spots and get there and there is a bunch of them still available. Even on the full hookups we drove around and there was a bunch of them not being used. So how much is it this year to camp versus what it has been in the past?

6. indycamster

indycamster Member

Interesting to compare and contrast, Cardinal Center with ATA/Sparta. Waiting list for Sparta on electric only sites, when experience says there are always spots available for electric only. Cardinal says, "If you are a TRAPSHOOTER, come on over, we will find you a spot." Perhaps there is an advantage from being on site, instead of two states away.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Just drive up in there and pick a spot thats not being used, if someone comes and says that you are in their spot move to another one that is not being used ... If anyone says anything tell them you thought they saved a spot for you and move to another one ... If you move enough times you will get lucky and no body will come and tell you that you are in their spot ... God gave you that head for more than a hat rack boy, use it ... What would be the absolute worst thing that could happen ..?, NOTHING thats what ... If the ATA is running it they won't know who is where or supposed to be any way and the same goes for the people from the IDNR ... Play their game, thats all ... Just don't tell them I sent you because they will know you are lying ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ..

8. elinvar

elinvar Member

They are expecting a huge crowd with all the added money- All venders had to pay early or they were going to rent the vending spots to campers.
    I may have a camping spot available on venders row. My buddy who used to use my spot got a spot in the campground.
    Terry Jones
    217-433-9885

9. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

lilboss -

Keep in mind that just because there isn't a camper parked in the spot, that doesn't mean that the spot is available. Once someone pays for a spot they aren't under any obligation to use it, and that doesn't mean that it can be sold again.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.