1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All around target gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I am seriously considering purchasing a target gun that will allow me to shoot trap and sporting clays. I have kind of narrowed it down to these guns. (All with adjustable combs and choke tubes). Perazzi MX12 Sporter / Perazzi MX 2000s / Kolar Sporting Max / and Krieghoff K80 Prosporter. Any thoughts? I just want to use one gun for everything. Thanks.

2. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

I would go for the new low profile rib Kolar TA combo with a 34 inch un-single and 30 inch O/U barrels. Un-single for Trap singles and handicap, 30 inch O/U for trap doubles, skeet and sporting clays. Got one ordered, will be here this week.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

MX-8 32" with heavy barrels

4. open choke

open choke TS Member

Ive been told a 32 inch o/u beretta with a not too high but not too low rib

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

The guns you listed handle VERY differently. First you need to figure out which one suits you. Then buy the "pro-sporter" model from that company. They are all great and will do the same job.

Someone has an MX12 listed for sale that I can't stop drooling over. That one really looks like the ultimate all-around gun.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use a beretta 303 for trap, clays, skeet & hunting ( same gun, different barrels and also sometomes change out the stock

7. leadingedge

leadingedge Active Member

Perazzi MX-10, best all around gun. Mine has 34" barrels with Wilinson choke tubes, I use it for all the discipines with good success. You can adjust the gun and stock to do what you need to see and not have to change what you do best to fit the gun.

Darrell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.