1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All around gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chadshot, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Looked at couple browning special sporting, XT,XS today at Guns unlimited. What guns are better all around guns for trap, little bit skeet??
    Chad

2. archangel

archangel Member

How about Joel etchens new all round gun? Mike

3. redfin

redfin TS Member

i shoot a 682 gold skeet,and to tell the truth it makes a great trap gun! joseph

4. archangel

archangel Member

I should have added that many of my friends use sportinig guns for everything and turn in high scores, sometimes I feel it is what you get used to and not any specific gun type.

5. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Beretta 391. Trap, Skeet, Sporting all with one gun.

6. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

Any 30" plus bbl beretta 686 with mobils.

7. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

What's your budget?

8. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'm a pretty big Browning Fan. For all around use I'd go with a 625 Sporting or SX Special in 32". If you are looking for a break open gun. Maybe an XT. I shoot a Citori Trap but it is dedicated to trap. I flat out don't like to shoot Skeet wit it. I my case it doesn't fit right for skeet.

I have for myself, which works great for me as an all around. It's a Beretta AL 391 Gold Parallel Target w/ 32" barrel. I've shot trap, skeet, sporting and 5-stand with it. I have a full compliment of chokes for it. I bought the jump sizes that don't come with the gun over the last few years. I don't think a Beretta target auto can be beat as far as autos go. I like to own that new 400 version of the Parallel Target but I can't take that blue receiver. Just hung up about the baby blue color. The Berettas are soft shooters if that means anything to you.

For the most part my trip to go shoot trap, a BT-99 and a Citori Trap O/U are loaded into my truck. Good luck with your search, Don't make it into a big deal. Find something that fits you well and try other guys guns and get an idea what you are getting into. The guys I shoot with would have no problem letting you try their stuff. I hope the guys you shoot with are the same way. It helps make your decision easier. Good luck.

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

If you are looking for an all around Browning, I would go with a XS Special.

You have choice of low rib or high post rib, (I like the high) 30" or 32" barrel and it comes with adjustable comb.

The 32" is better for trap, but the 30" moves quicker for skeet. Sporting clays either length barrel will work depending on your preference.

If your shooting skeet drop the rib down to flatten the POI and raise it up to get desired POI for trap.

Excellent gun with proven reliability.

SW

10. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

Budget is around $2000 .

11. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

12. drgondog

drgondog Member

A good Sporting gun with adjustable stock ~30" barrels with choke tubes is what I prefer. I also prefer barrels with 50/50 or 55/45 patterns.

I don't shoot handicap - and this IMO would not be suitable for Handicap - but it works very well for Flyers (Columbaire and Box) Trap, Trap doubles, Sporting, Bunker, Helice, Skeet and Sporting.

The Only time I adjust the stock from looking straight (just a little rib) down the rib is the Rare time I shoot trap from skeet stations or doubles.

13. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

i have a beretta 390 that i think is pretty fair for any kind of shooting. I put a step rib barrel on it for trap. Bill

14. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

My choice would be a beretta 391. That is as versatile and reliable as it gets in my opinion. I use to use mine for trap,ducks, doves, turkeys,rabbit,any thing that would be shotgun related.

15. Bigcat

Bigcat Active Member

I have been shooting a Browning white lightning for the past few months.
    12 ga 28" barrels 3" chambers so I can hunt it this fall.
    The gun smashes targets from 16 yards,and I been shooting a lot of skeet lately.
    I haven't shot sporting with it yet but I don't see a problem, and can be had for under 2.000. John

16. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

The flavor of your choice O/U. Factory 28"-30" screwin chokes both barrels, nice to have a barrel selector but not a deal killer.

That will play every game there is as well as you are able.

more a simple fact than JMO actually

17. Adam54

Adam54 Member

K 80 acs can't beat them

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Browning XS Skeet. Nice high rib too!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning jeg all around gun

jeg browning all around gun