1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All Americans

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I was looking through some of the averages of the people in the all american standings thing on the ATA website and I noticed that some of the people on the list actually do not have that great of an average. How does one become an all american? Does it depend on if you won any big shoots or something?

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Yes, it depends on exactly that. Plus some other things. See the link above.

3. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

a fairly complex point system... for example...

If you are not in a special category and you go to the washington state shoot and shoot the lone 200 straight in the championship singles you will earn 10 points for the trophy you recieved (trophy points). The competition factor of the washington state shoot this year was a 2 (singles,doubles,handicap entries added and placed in a bracket from 1-10). You would multiply the 10 trophy points by the competition factor of 2. Along with your lone 200 straight, you will recieve a full 10 additional points called score points (which are not multiplied by the competition factor) So thus 10 times 2 plus 10 amounts to 30 points total. There are target requirements and qualifying shoot requirements as well. And I believe you recieve attendance points for some shoots as well (don't ask me about those)

4. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

All Americans are based on a point system. Their top 7 shoots are the counting shoots. For winning say a class championship event you get 5 points.........times the comp factor for the shoot. If it is Ohio or PA state shoot that is multipled by 8 so for that one win you get 40 points.

If you are in Kansas and win the same event the class singles you get 20 points.

If you are at a satellite grand for last year they were a minimum of a multiplier of 4......or higher if the attendance was higher. This coming year all of the AA points will be based on the actual attendance at the shoots.

The Grand American week is a multiplier of 10......the prelim week is 8.

There are also score points for being the top 3 scores in an event. There is no correlation with averages. Most of the all americans have great averages too. In the subjunior ranks this may not be the case however. There is more to it this is really melted down. It took me 3 years to learn it.......lol and I am still learning.....but........

Hope this helps.

Lorna Hull

5. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Cole,

no attendance points at any shoots. Totally based on wins and this year attendance numbers.

6. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

i thought that would help me out... haha!!

7. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

lol....when we first started I thought there should be points for attendance too! LOL....

somehow, that has never panned out.....LOL

did you have a good Grand Cole? We never met....but I saw your name some....

8. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

It was an experience, some of my worse handicaps and doubles... but I managed a trophy in the champion of champions... I was pretty blessed just spending time with good people such as your son, I guess we'll catch you guys in tucson for the spring grand then?

-Cole

9. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Literalist,

I believe you are correct. The shooters who make the team have to win where they go. The competition is very tough at that level in all events. The thing you really have to look at is the comp average of those shooters. They have to be on top of their game in all three games. That is probably the difference I see when I look at the names......they can shoot all three games well and don't waiver much in their numbers. No matter where they shoot or the conditions...

Cole,

we HOPE to be at the Spring. It will depend on money at our house. Things have gotten pretty expensive. If the good Lord blesses us........we will be there.

Lorna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.