1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All Americans-PFS Question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sglfr45, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

How many top shooters are using a PFS? Matt

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Matt,

You'll find more of the upper tier sporting clays guys use them. The trap guys are too hung up on looks and getting free stocks!

ec90t

3. bigben

bigben Active Member

Matt, top eschelon trap shooters know what works for them, and how to achieve the results in comfort and trouble free operation, if they didn't they wouldn't be where they're at today, they are not hung up on good looks as much as comfort, a solid week of shooting at a big event includes many many extra rounds in shoot-offs, recoil reduction is one thing, but it must be tied to comfort as the stock touches the face and the target is instantly called for! incinerate em!

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Doc Biddle of World Champion Skeet fame uses one.

5. zinger

zinger Member

ummm...do I count?

6. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Stock fit: how many times have you heard-"your stock is a little too long for you, you might want to cut off about a quarter inch and give it some pitch." Response-"Oh No! I don`t want to mess up the wood!!" So they buy guns infinatum $$$$$$ until they find one that fits, or they learn to miss and poan about every excuse to miss. The top dogs for the most part are short and stocky and seem to endure recoil and seem to know how or where to fit up a gun stock.
    For my ruptured cervical discs; long live the PFS.

7. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Indeed you do Kim! All American Kim "zinger" Bateman uses one!

All Americans are some tough sons-a-guns I'll tell ya. Just have a look at the number of targets most of them have registered. And then know that shoot off targets aren't included.

If you can't handle the recoil, a PFS is the only way to go. If you can, maybe you too can become an ATA All American..!

cls

PS: A custom fitted McCarthy Lock-Stock (or Stock-Lock?) would be a good choice also. But you do pay a price for nice things.

8. Charles L. Schmidt

"Short and stocky" ???

Is that what Leo, Ricky, and Harlan are?

Tell Jerry Parr or Frank Hoppe they're short and stocky. Ha!

Oh, you must mean Kay? Well you got me there I guess.

cls

9. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Sub Junior team captain Seth Politi uses a PFS on his K-80.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

No PFS's that I've seen,but a few Stock-Locks

11. mastergunner

mastergunner TS Member

Question? What works for you? What do you want. Do all the big name shooters shoot the same gun or same type? No

Do what you want, I bet you will have better results. Just read some of the articles that the top shooters write. All of them do what works for them. Basics are the same, but they all have something that works for them and that they are confident in.

Who cares what it looks like, if you can shoot it do so. I bet you can find an All American who shoots an 1100. Is it the best gun? Well it works for him, should we all rush out and buy an 1100.

Try a PFS see if you like it, make your own decision. I know people who said they would never buy one, but guess what they shoot them now.

If it works for you that is all that matters, be your own person and you will probably do alot better shooting.

12. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Well, I might just try a PFS. I have tried the RAD and still getting kicked!! Matt

13. Charles L. Schmidt

mastergunner, I certainly agree that Trap is very much an individual sport. What works for one may not for another. But after reading your comments above I have to ask the question. How can anyone ever say, "It works for me", unless they break every target every time?

Because after all, unless you're carrying a "AAA" average or better, it's not really working is it? Yet I hear B,C,& D shooters say it all the time, "It works for me!" For me relativity or subjectivity really doesn't apply, because the goal for all of us is to run em' all, every time.

cls

14. Lyle

Lyle Member

I don't think all the all-americans care about the looks. Stu Weltons K-80 has seen better days and Derek Stringer might possibly have the ugliest stock I've ever seen, I think its made of Bondo. However, Stringer popped some less than ugly scores last year with that beauty.

Lyle

15. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo shoots a Stock Lock and recommends it to anyone.

16. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Lyle,

It must have been the ugly stock that made him miss the last target out in Missoula a while back for a 98.....LOL If he would have had a decent piece of wood on there he never would have missed a target.

Hope to see you at the Hoppe

Rickyd

17. mastergunner

mastergunner TS Member

How many all American AAA shooters can you have. No matter what some people shot they will never get to this point. The Indian not the arrow is what really makes the shooter. You could give shooters the best equipment made and they will never get there.

I will probably never get there. I not a bad shooter, but I don't have the time, money or discipline to get to were the all americans are.

So to say something isn't working just because someone is not an All American
    just does fly by me.

18. Charles L. Schmidt

<i>"So to say something isn't working just because someone is not an All American just does fly by me."</i>

Nobody ever said that...

cls

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

I shoot a PFS and I might make the All American team next year. The only thing I am lacking is the scores.

Pat Ireland

20. Lyle

Lyle Member

Ricyd,
    I'm not sure if I'll be at the Hoppe or go to Reno that weekend or if all else fails..............stay home?? lol.......don't want to stay home.
    I'd like to check out the Hoppe especially since my stock is quite a lot nicer than Derek's.

Perhaps I'll see you there.

LYle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.