1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All American Team Points...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Darla, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darla

Darla Member

If I were to offer to pay (say $1.95) for a clear consise summary of the new system, would somebody do it. Nearly everybody I talk to has a different interpretation and I nearly always have a Jr, Sub-jr or Lady asking "Which should I take?". My first question is "Are you chasing points?", if not, then "Which trophy do you like, and did you know there is added money here and not there?" Then "Hate to rush you, but we've got to get this shoot off thing done."

Hypotheticals: Not really looking for answers here, just something correct to refer to if needed.

Is the Singles Champion Runner-Up the same points as Sub-Jr, if it is the High Sub-Jr score? (The trophy is nicer and there's a gun with it).

Which is better - Open Champion R/U (More added money)or State Sub-Jr, as far as points go?

I'm getting a headache. I know I'm going to get a few replies that I don't have to explain these things, I know that. I always explain that what I'm saying is the best I know and it's still their responsibility, BUT if I've got a 12 year old hot shooter in front of me, with parents that are not clued in, I would like to be able to help.

Darla

2. at_trap_89

at_trap_89 TS Member

"Champion" gives the same points (5 for preliminary, 10 for championship, times the competition factor) in each category. Eg. The event Champion, Lady Champ, Junior Champ, Sub Jr. Champ, Sr. Vet. Champ, Vet. Champ, and Wheelchair/PVA Champ, will each get the exact same number of "Champion" points which apply to the respective category they've won. Runner-up and third get RU and third points the same way, in each their respective category.

In the instance of a bi-category shooter having a choice, there are two ways to look at it. They could take whatever is higher OR, OR...whichever will help their point count if that is the end-goal. Eg. If a Jr. Lady shooter can take Lady RU or Jr Champ, it breaks down like this. Category points do not cross-accumulate...any points acquired for a Lady trophy count towards placement on the Lady team...any points acquired for a Jr trophy count towards placement on the Jr. Team. The choice comes down to, whichever category they want/have the best chance to make the team, or, if the AA team is not an end-goal, the higher-placement (for trophy, $$, etc.) would be a wiser choice.

As a side note, if a category shooter wins an event, as in the "open" Champion of all shooters entered, then the points are added in-category when tallied as far as I've observed on the ATA website even though the shooter is "the" champion. (which makes sense if given thought)

Whether this is still clear as mud, or I earned the $1.95...if I earned the cash just donate it to the ATA HoF.

DT

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

DT- Your nebulous and confusing explanation is about as clear of an explanation that is possible. That is not a comment on your explanation, but rather a comment on the current system.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.