1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All-American Points

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Concrete200, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concrete200

Concrete200 Member

Does anyone know the status of the 2012 All American Points list on the ATA website? I am starting to do some planning for the remaining state/zone shoots and the Grand and would like to know where my son stands. Thx, Dennis

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Call ATA. Number on their site.

3. AllAmer4

AllAmer4 Member

My understanding is that the ATA hasn't uploaded a lot of scores from the past 2 months. If this doesn't happen, then the AA points won't be updated, unfortunately. AA is usually the last thing to be updated as it takes some additional computation and oversight.

A lot of this is due to the office move and complete overhaul of staff....

4. BigM-Perazzi

Trust me! The checks in the mail!

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wait 'til you see who is on top the men's point standings.. After that impressive display at the Ohio State Shoot Monday evening it shouldn't be hard to figure out. Watch out Big Dogs, the Dr. is on the prowl.

6. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Hello ATA or anyone, any news?

7. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Whose the Dr? And what happen at the Ohio state shoot? Scott

8. zinger

zinger Member

or...computer crashed and they have to start over?

9. OldBT

OldBT Member

I questioned why no AA information was available on the website two or three weeks before the Grand, and was emailed back that the information would be on the site the next week. I guess somebody forgot to tell the person responsible for inputting the information. With the move, it probably got pushed to teh back burner. I can understand that. (Moving is a pain.) Oh well, 2013 is going to be better.
    Martin Henderson

10. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Kathy has been running between Sparta and Ohio training help. The reason the points are not up is until just lately she has not had a data base to put them in due to the new computor set up.They are being worked on now. Kathy will do her very best to get them up soon.

TD CHC Delegate

11. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Pipe Layer has it correct as I too called and aked the question. New computer set up had a bug and was just recently fixed. Like real recent (I think she said this week.) She will get them up soon.

Trapgeek

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

How about this - If enough people keep calling and asking the same dumb question when do you think they will have time to post anything. They never have the final tally until end of Nov. 1st of Dec. anyway.

Don

13. bas

bas Member

If they could clone Kathy into about 10 people, that might help..LOL. I'm sure the info will be there as soon as it is physically possible to get it completed. I would imagine the new categories have added another step in the calculations. i.e., for shooters that shot in a qualifying tournament that did not offer the new categories. Hey martin...are you in contention?

14. BigM-Perazzi

Wow! My boss said if they cloned me into 10 people, we'd go out of business...

hmmmm

15. over/under

over/under Member

16. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

They're being worked on.

17. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I find this affair somewhat puzzling. As a non computer person that has been using computers for more than 40 years, I wonder why the AMATEUR Trapshooting Association can't get the job done. My guess is a competent computer person could do this simple task in a few days. There is no excuse for not being able to do it in the 9 months that have passed since the decision was made to add the new categories. This is what they told us: "The ATA central database was modified to include the new categories just a few days after the decision was made. All known tournament software providers were notified on December 9 by the ATA office of the new categories. Most have already made modifications to their software to accommodate the new categories. The first tournament affected by the new categories is scheduled for January 23-29, six weeks after the categories were announced." From that statement no inputting of data is needed. The information is in the data base and a simple script will suck it out of the data base and post it to the web site. These facts cannot be disputed. Maybe it's time to take the AMATEUR out of the ATA.

18. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Ebservayor

You are talking about two completely different issues. The third party programs that run a shoot such as George Cook's 3s and others is what they are referring to. They are not referring to the software that tabulates the AA points. That is and was a completely sepetate issue. Obviously we have changed our IT contractor and that creates another problem in it self.

This is not a swipe of key strokes or a simple day of programming for those that don't understand what AA points are and how they are figured. We either be patient and test what we get to make sure it is correct the first time or we push it out the door and hope and pray for the best. What do you suggest we do?

James Hammond

California Delegate

19. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Mr Hammond,
    As a manager of a data base that would dwarf the ATA's I stand by my statement. I will however up my time estimate. Call it software or call it a script it could be written by a professional in a few days. Tested with a few "runs" and then published to the web. That's what I would do.

EE Bornman

20. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Then write it and send it to Lynn Gipson.

You should be finished with it by Monday, 10 September 2012 at 9am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.