1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ALL AMERICAN POINTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GRR, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRR

GRR TS Member

Where can you find out where and event, where you've earned points. You can pull up your scores, all tournaments and events shot from Shootata.com in a given year. You can pull up All American points by category but it doesn't show where you earned them or how many per event.

Any help please GRR

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Below the score display is a window which shows your category (if you have any AA points).

Click on your category and it will show the tournaments that you earned points at.

Click on the tournament and it will show you which events you earned points for and how you earned them.

3. GRR

GRR TS Member

V10 Thanks, it worked perfect.... You just can't go anywhere and get the correct answer that fast.

THANKS AGAIN
    GRR

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I also learned something there. I had an idea where i got my '09 points but wasn't positive. Seems i had clicked everywhere but there. LOL Thanks V10.----Matt

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Mike, I think you understand it just fine. The rules for each aren't really confusing. I assume you mean it's harder to understand why the different organizations make up the teams in a different manner?

The answer is because it is easier to use averages, and that is what most states do. The All American Team used to be done the same way. Calculating it on a points basis as the AA Team is now done is a LOT of work.

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

It's really quite simple. The state teams are selected by averages and the All-American points are figured by wins ( at big shoots ).

To see if you are on the All-American team, go to the ATA web site. Click on the Shooters information center. Now select All American standings, and the catagories are; men, women, sub-junior, junior, veteran, senior veteran, and PVA team.

The coral colored group are 1st team All-American's and the blue colored group are 2nd team All-American's. If you are not in these two colored groups you are not a All-American. Just because you have a flag next to your name does not mean you are a All-American, it means you have earned some All-American points. All-American's must also compete in at least three states at points paying events, examples are state shoots and Grands.

Tom Strunk

8. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Thank you for the PM Mike.

Tom Strunk

9. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I don't understand when someone says they are an all american shooter does it just mean they have all american points and we see the flag next to their name on the shooter info site?

10. grntitan

For me, i would consider myself an AA when my name is in the top 10 or so along with the "Big Dogs". To date this has not happened. I have earned a few AA points here and there(luck i guess). A person is not an AA just by sneaking a few points, they need to amass enough to show on the 1st page of the AA list to be a true All American Shooter. Thats my 2c worth.--Matt

I do tell a different story with my close shooting friends though. LOL

11. 870

870 Well-Known Member

You guys need to do a little research. You admit you don't know what you are talking about, so check out the ATA website, the annual average book, and get Trap and Field magazine. None of the All Americans appoint themselves, they earn it.

To be an AA shooter, you have to make a team. I don't follow how you guys come up with anything different.

12. grntitan

Yep your an All American

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The flag means you've earned AA points.

A lot of people have earned AA points.

You're not an "All-American" until you make one of the teams.

14. grntitan

V10--Don't bust his bubble. He just found out "he is someone". LOL Besides, alot of people are All Americans. I'm 100% born and raised American. Thats as real as it gets.---Matt

15. GRR

GRR TS Member

I didn't know this simple question was going to put such a knot in someone's underpants. It's easy to hide behind your mothers skirt called a computer, but in real life you might be looking out of two black eyes under your pink hat. For all you know, this information was for a junior shooter.

Thanks Again V10, most of us enjoyed your answer.

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You get a pin for just getting AA points????

17. grntitan

Jim--Thats what i was wondering too. I never got no stink'n pins for my (9) points in '09. Who do we ask for a pin?

Isn't (9) points like the record?? I mean nobody had more than me in '09 did they?? LOL

Matt

18. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I earned 6 pts this year..................do I get to keep adding to them year after year until I reach the AA threshhold requirement...........YUKYUK

D.P.Reynolds

19. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

All-American Points Pins are awarded at points shoots either in addition to a trophy or, in some instances, the pin is the trophy.

A lot of the points that folks earn are "score" points. You don't get a pin for "score" points.

You only get a pin for trophy points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.