1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

All American point pins

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by etook, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etook

etook TS Member

Could some please explain how the all american point pins work?

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I don't think the points pins "work" in any way at all. Just a recognition that you earned AA points.

I do not believe that they count as trophies that enable anyone to win AA "Trophy Points" as stated above, but I've been wrong before.

3. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Jim:

I don't buy it.

I looked at a 2010 ATA Zone program and don't see them listed as trophies in the program. It says they are awarded to "top resident scores" and in case of a tie, pin places will be determined "as if the pins were a trophy." If they actually were considered a trophy in the program, there would be no need for that wording. Remember, at a Zone Shoot, the resident event champ wins both the event trophy (which earns AA Trophy points) and the AA pin.

Did you actually have shootoffs for AA points pins when there was no other trophy available?

Not trying to be argumentative, it just doesn't make any sense (of course that doesn't mean it can't happen). Would really complicate things. You would be awarding AA points to someone because they won AA points. Just does not add up. I've got AA points, but I don't think any for winning a points pin.

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Points pins are considered a trophy.

And, yes, they are shot off. You can have only one trophy winner, so it needs to either be shot off or decided in some manner.

Jim explained it correctly.

Scott Hoover

Delegate, Utah

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

. . . and they exist to fulfill the AA point rules that require that for a performance to get AA points there must be a trophy associated with the position won.

I think that 870's post of confused rules is because this is a new program and not everyone is completely sure how it is supposed to work.

By the way, money is not considered a trophy in the above definition. No matter how much money.

Neil

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll buy into it since you guys were probably there when it was conceived and know what was intended. The programs do need to be updated to make sense of it though, impossible to determine this from the Zone program I looked at. It was new, and I can accept how it wasn't clarified well at the start.

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim, I'm with the program now,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.