1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ALL AMERICAN--1 OZ LOADS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Know any All American shooters who use 1 oz loads for singles?..SMOKIT

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Daro Handy does/did 1oz 8 1/2s in an 1100

--- Chip King ---

3. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

I believe Ray Stafford shoots a 1 oz load for his first shot in Doubles.

4. RJ

RJ TS Member

I shoot a 1 oz. with 17 grains Red Dot. Through Remingtons Nitro 27 and once in a great while Winchester AA's Using a 1 oz. CB1100 wad and #8 shot. Was shooting handycap from the 24 yard line but since the onset of Myasthenia Gravis, which is a Neromuscular disease and need to shoot from a wheel chair I was moved up to the 19. When I was shooting at the 24 I just upped the powder to 18 grains and on windy days went to 18.5 grains 7 1/2 shot. But since the move I use my recipie from the 16's. still #8's except on windy days then I go to 7 1/2 all 1 oz. Have shot 1 oz. for several years. Once in a greeat while I'll go to 1 1/8th oz. of shot but that isn't to often. (Rich.InAz.orinnameonly) P.S. Myasthenia Gravis is like the little brother to ALS. If you take your medication and eat right and do get what exercize one can tolerate a person can live with this for a long period of time. Here sometime ago a fella who had the disease for many many years passed on, he was in his 80's and that was from a heart attack.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Why shoot 1 oz for anything other than the first shot of doubles, it just doesn't make sense to me.

6. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

SMOKIT -- I do. I also shoot them on both shots in doubles. Check out the averages if you like. I switched to 1 oz 8s (STSs) for singles and doubles at the very end of 2008.

John Voliva (ATA# 82-04800)

7. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

JOHN, I did check your averages--you could probably break them all with 3/4 OZ loads. The rest of us slugs probably need to sling all the BB'S out there that is legal..Nice shooting...SMOKIT

8. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Dosen't Deb Ohye shoot 1oz shells.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

In all honesty, I suspect 1 oz v. 1 1/8 at singles is all in the mindset..

1 oz works great when there all breaking, but, when they don't your mind wants to wonder....what if...

Jim C

10. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Ron Alcoriza has run 100 straight from the 27 yd line with 1 oz!!!!!!!!!

11. lancelot

lancelot Member

I talked to Debbie Ohye awhile back seeking her recipe for 1 1/16 oz loads. She told me she has switched and is now shooting 1 1/8 oz loads. We talked a little about different loads and she said she has broken 100 from the 27 with 1 oz loads before.

Ron Ireland

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

shotshooter- 99% in both singles and doubles. That is fine shooting. There have only been 10 other shooters in ATA history that have ended up with a 99% doubles average.

Pat Ireland

13. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Not many of us are as good as Terry B.

Nice to shoot that well. Congrats Terry.

Rick in Mt.

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

According to Sir Neil's charts and graphs the probability of Deb breaking 100 straight from the fence is highly unlikely. She must be more lucky than good!!

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Shotshooter! Indeed excellent shooting! they should dedicate a wing of the HOF in your name!!

which is?

16. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

we dont have this problem in ozz as we can only use 1oz, shot 100 strait with subsonics this year so why use anything else, our clubs major shoot last year was won with a 500+ using falcon lights! use what you are happy with and have fun.

17. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shoot some FITASC sporting in the UK sometime. 1 oz. max. allowed. You'll see clays broken at distances far beyond any trap target.

18. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Ron Alcoriza generally shoots 1 oz of light 8's as well, not the turbo loads that most of us think we need.

19. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Well, that's the problem with the internet. You just never know when you're chewing on someone ass or your own foot! LOL

Nice shooting Terry.

Ajax

20. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I don't know where all this yack is headed but I only shoot 7/8 oz. loads from the 16 and I cant count how many traps I have run with them. I agree with what was said a few posts above, its all in your head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.