1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aliant Claydot Powder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mike moncilovich, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Recently, I bought Claydot powder and Loaded 50 sts,s w/18.5 gr., cci primers, dr.1 1/8 (blue)wad and 1 1/8 oz shot. The clerk said is the same as Hodg. Clays and the loading chart he gave is the same for 1200feetpersec. Has anybody have data on pressures, burning rate and cleanness of claydot. Mike

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Alliant web sight list a MEC bushing #33 for ClayDot Hodgdon list a MEC bushing #33 for Clays both say they throw 18.2grains. I found no data for your wad or primer choice. <a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=claydot_recipes.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> Here is what they have posted

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Have used it in replacement of Clays without any problems. I was told it's a direct replacement to hodgdon Clays and to use the Clays reloading charts. See the above page.

Jerbear

4. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Thanks Guys or Gals?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.