1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Algore visits PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Fairfield PA
    We're just back from a shooting and kids visit expedition to/from Ohio, VIA the PA Turnpike. On the way, at the Fuel/Rest Plaza at Somerset, PA we stopped to um, pee, as old codgers like us need to do, mostly on very short notice. Right in front, where cars, not buses & trucks, are directed to park, we pulled into a place with a row of new blue signs (you know, the ones that used to reserve spots where pregnant and nursing mothers were to park) stating that these spaces were reserved for:

Does anyone, perchance know what constitutes a low emission fuel efficient vehicle? Barb pointed out that our 2010, Ford F-150, Super Crew, big humongous tow vehicle should qualify, since we can burn E-85 in it. You're right, I agreed, noticing that we were parked between a Cadillac De Ville and a Town Car. I can only assume those qualify as low emission fuel efficient vehicles also.

I had high hopes for the newly elected Corbet administration; but perhaps we can, somehow, blame this idiocy on our last governator, Fast Eddie, and assume that our new Governor Tom, hasn't gotten around to correcting this lunacy, and elevating nursing/pregnant/expecting moms to their rightful place in parking hierarchy.

drive safe y'all....mike

PS: I'd guess one might expect to find those spaces filled with Chevy Volts....only the distance between PA Turnpike exits exceeds the range of those technological marvels.
  2. Slugo

Slugo Member

Feb 23, 2011
    let's not push a ton of unfinished business on Governor Tom too quickly. At least we now have the Castle Doctrine now as law in PA. That's the most important piece of pro gun legislation we could have asked for. Thank you Governor Corbett...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.