1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alfermans, just like a Seitz?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Can anyone tell me the Pro's and con's of an Alferman compared to a Seitz? Does the gun feel the same, trigger as fast, move like one?

I have heard Alferman is not building guns anymore. What does someone do if they need something fixed or parts?

Bob

2. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I can't tell you how an Alfermann compares to a Seitz, but I can tell you that the Alfermann brothers are alive and well and building shotguns. They make a superb product, and they are great to deal with.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

BS mac1, have you ever owned a Seitz? I have #260+/- Alf with fixed rib, and #650+/- Seitz with adjustable rib. Very little difference except "feel" when you hold them. Both guns are 10.75 pounds. Both have great triggers @ 3.75#

Fore arms are different and thats about it.

It's all about what you get use to shooting.

4. krieghoff80

krieghoff80 Member

You shot my seitz, now quit asking dumb questions Bob. See you at Livermore ....Eric

5. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I ditched my Alf for a Titanium Seitz.

6. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Huh? Lighter than a Seitz? Faster trigger than a Seitz?

I sure don't think so.

Adios, Dirk

7. jkh171

jkh171 TS Member

I would like to know how they compare pricewise? - I know if you have to ask, you can't afford it!

8. k80bav

k80bav Member

Wow, I can not begin to imagine why there would be more Seitz Guns in Maryland. Do you think there are more Alfermans than Seitz in Missouri? Besides Seitz build about three times more guns than Alferman.

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

Owned both Seitz 757 and Alferman 185. I preferred the Alferman. It was almost a pound heavier than my Seitz but did not feel like it in use. Thousands cheaper but I thought better engineered. Sold both guns but if the right deal came along on both I would only buy the Alferman again.

--- Chip King ---

10. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Get a K-80, and beat them both.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The tigger designs are not similar at all. Alfermann's are pivotting hammers with very short hammer falls and heavy/quick hammer springs. The Seitz is a straight line design, nothing like the Alfs.

Both triggers are lightning quick. Both are fine guns. I prefer the Alf if I had to choose. Good luck and shoot them both before choosing.

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If anybody is interested in taking a 95% 682 combo ungun with a Shockmaster recoil reducer, as part trade on a Alfermann., send me an PM. I've always wanted one.

13. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

How about a Bowen? Where do they fit in?

14. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

I would consider trading my DB81 combo for an Alferman or Seitz (with cash).

Bob

15. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I would be concerned about buying a gun from a company (Alferman)
    who does not publish a catalog nor have a web site. How long are
    they going to be around?

16. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I would not be the least bit concerned about Alfermann not being there to address any issue you may have 25 years from now.

17. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Yes i have had both and if you can tell the difference between these two GUNS triggers you are "NIT-PICKING". Whew, there i said it. Joe joe90t

18. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Amen Mac1. By far the best built trap gun out there. Please and don,t compare a k-80 to these fine built target breaking machines. I have had both at the same time and shot both back to back. Absolutely no comparison!!! Yes you can get there in a Chevrolet(K-80) or you can get there in a Ferrari (Alfermann). But they don,t break. JUST SHOOT THEM and built for a life time!

19. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Sky Buster, they have lasted longer than Bowen Guns that had all that fluff to sell them.

jim brown

20. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Alferman made two different triggers the older ones had hammers and the newer ones have striker fire like a Seitz. I have a friend with both guns and prefers the Alferman told be twice the gun at half the price being an All American shooter I purchased a used Alferman as a back up for my trusty old Cole gun. I then purchased a used Ljutic as a back up to the Alferman now if I can just live long enough to were them all out that is my goal. I do enjoy a quality single barrel trap gun and enjoy all three very much. I sure would like a Seitz also but they are pricey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.