1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

-----------Alfermann-------------

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wbill, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbill

wbill Member

I am interested in the Alfermann shotguns and was wondering why I can't find any dealers that has a web site where you can view them. Can anyone elaborate on this? Bill

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Merlyn's Guns are their only dealer I know of. Production is limited on these fine guns. Built like a tank and have a great trigger.

Bob

3. wbill

wbill Member

Just wondering why they limit the sales and advertising on them. I have shot them before and was impressed with them. Bill

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They are a small operation run by twin brothers Gary and Larry Alfermann. Both are extreme machinists and fine craftsmen. They are both avid shooters themselves and wanted to bring these super shotguns to the clay target shooting world.

Since they are a small company and totally committed to excellence in design and performance, their shotguns are produced with the care of expert craftsmen using state of the art machining techniques. Great service is also a hallmark of Alfermann.........buying one is like joining a family.

Their guns are as much art as they are shooters. You'll not go wrong owning an Alf.

5. Butler

Butler TS Member

amen!

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

A great gunsmith ( Roger Eubanks) shoots one and every time he comes to our club my mouth waters to own one. A real fine gun

7. djcuda

djcuda Member

They are awesome guns.I shoot a Silver Dollar Special.They do have very fast triggers.Here is the contact information for Merlyn.Tell him that Dave and Paul sent you his way.
    636-456-1012
    Dave

8. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

I have #271....bought the spring of 2011...I'll bet #273 ain't been built yet!!1

One outstanding shotgun. Fastest trigger I have every experienced..

Dave E.

9. chipking

chipking TS Member

I bought #185 a little while back. It was made in 2003 and is still solid as a bank vault. Well made and thought out. Switching the same trigger from pull to release maybe takes 5 minutes. Change from eject to extract and back 10 seconds. MUCH MUCH more impressed with the Alfermann than I was with another big name single barrel trap gun I once owned.

--- Chip King ---

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Eubanks has a part in building these, or at least so I'm told, as he puts all the ribs on barrels.

11. wbill

wbill Member

I thought Money Maker was doing some of the ribs also. Bill

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You ought to see the Alfermann Model Twin over and under. The rib's not an addition here. Both barrels, mono block and rib are machined from a single billet of steel. Talk about solid.

13. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

What Barry said. "buying one is like joining a family".

Larry and Gary are top notch, quality people...period!

milt

14. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

A super, superior gun! I own Silver Dollar #155. I'll never be able to shoot better than the gun. Mine has a release trigger put in by Gary Alfermann - it's terrific. The wood is also excellent. I had Money Maker put an adjustable rib on it, and Bill Mains made a butt cap for it, and I'm set for life. As I said, Gary put my release trigger in, and dealing with him was a pleasure. He is the ultimate gentleman and professional. Everyone who sees the gun loves it, and those who try it want one, but be aware, they are not cheap - but worth every cent.

15. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I own Silver Dollar # 123, it is at Moneymaker now having an adjustable rib installed, also have a stocklock on it, sweet shooting, will post pics when I get it back in the next couple days.

tony

16. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I own #59 single and #16 in the twin. I think Gary and Larry only built 21 twins. On the twin the rib is added on. The post are machined with the barrels. Been very pleased with my Alfermann guns and would highly recommend.

17. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have number 11 love the gun bult to last 3 life times however it shoots a little hi for me I plan on calling the Alfermanns to find out who built the rib so I can keep it original if possible or sell it if it is very expensive to rerib the barrel.

18. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Eubanks told me 4-500 to rerib the barrel.

19. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

One eye...send it to T. Wilkinson..have him change the POI...271 shot high for me too...I tried for a few months....then sent to Tom.....all my scores are on there way up!....

Dave

20. BFE

BFE TS Member

Here is # 279 src='/uploads/bfe_2008_151110.jpg'>

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gary alfermann

gary alfermann shotguns