1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alfermann Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JAC1, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAC1

JAC1 Member

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Standard model Alfermann and a Mohawk model? Also, are replaceable ribs still available for the Silver Dollar Specials that had this option? If so, what do they cost? Thanks.

2. larry prior

larry prior Member

the receiver has a rib on it. ribs run about 350.00 to 400.00. merlyn bought them all. 636-456-1012

3. NSXER

NSXER Active Member

Photo of a Mohawk (not mine)

I've seen 4 different rib configurations on Alfs:

Factory fixed from 60/40 to 100%; Factory Adjustable 50/50 to 100%; After market Moneymaker w/POIs whatever you want in either fixed or adjustable; Factory replaceable as stated above.

Steve W

WA State

alfy1.jpg

4. JAC1

JAC1 Member

Thanks for the information. One more thing... can an Alfermann release trigger be converted to a pull trigger or does it have to be replaced? Any idea on cost?

5. NSXER

NSXER Active Member

JAC1.......Pull triggers w/parts included for release came standard equipment w/Alfermanns.

Going back to pull requires removing those parts. Merlyn of Merlyn's Trap Guns can do this for you at no charge whether you bought the gun new or not.

Call him on his cell (636)456-1012 for arrangements or to possibly walk you through the procedure.

Steve W

WA State

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.