1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alfermann Guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by over the hill, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

After nearly 20yrs of non shooting I have a lot of catching up to do. I have noticed that there are a few of these guns showing up for sale. I have googled and yahooed but nothing on the co. itself Someone educate me.

Thanks Gerald

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Very well built gun by two brothers. the guns are very much like silver seitz. If you want the same quality of gun as a Silver Seitz with out the cost Alfermann is the gun. I believe there are about 650 single barrel guns now and maybe 100 twin barrel guns. The triggers are super fast and removeable. The firing pin only moves about 1/8 inch. Base price is $8800.00 with out options. Frank hoppe Hall of famer shoots one. Great handicap gun if you like top single. I personally think it is one of the best secrets on the market. This gun will be around for a long time.

3. old tex

old tex TS Member

Great guns.

I believe Earl is a bit off on the total production.

About 250 singles and 23 twins exist according to Larry Alfermann.

The "Twin" is the most unique OU existant, the barrels, breech, rib posts, forend mountings are machined from a single billet of steel. Amazing machining and finish.

They shoot to exactly the same point of impact.

Great triggers including releases with absolutely no creep.

Wenig stocks.

Good people all around including their "agent" Merlyn Petersmeyer (an honest gun jockey and entrepeneur)!

unc

4. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

The Alfermann single shoots somewhat like a cross of the Ljutic and the Seitz. They are great guns. My gun got me to the 27 and the GAH shootoff. I am trying a Seitz now and see some small differences, the Alf is a better deal price-wise. The Alfermann is made by two brothers (twins-Gary and Larry) in Washington, Mo. They are very responsive to any call or problem and are very friendly. AJ

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Joe, the Alfermann is a bit heavy, partially accounting for the light recoil. The ones with the English Walnut wood seem to be lightest, but I doubt any come in under 9 lbs. Mine is over 10 lbs., but as friends say, has half a tree for a stock. LOL! Wonderful, well balanced guns, though and boringly reliable.

Buz

6. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Like Buz said; to me they seem a litle barrel heavy, but I had mine opened up into a big bore and that helped. They are a Mid-rib gun. I don't see recoil devices or porting on them, due to low recoil. In my opinion it is one of those guns like a Ljutic that you try it and immediatly love it and shoot it well, or you better go get a different gun. AJ

7. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Excellent post Mike. I shoot a Ljutic, and love it. Next gun would be a Cole, Alfermann, or Seitz. Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

alferman trap guns

alfermann shotgun review
alfermann shotguns

alfermann trap gun

alfermann trap gun for sale

alfermann trap guns