1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alfermann boys

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by old tex, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old tex

old tex TS Member

I've had another outstanding experience with people I feel I must report.

I had a small problem with my Alfermann "Twin", occasionally one brand of shells gave a mis-fire. (I expect the primers were either hard or set too deep)

I called Larry Alfermann, related my "problem" and he responded by making a new, longer set of firing pins and sent them to me.(no cost!)

I still had a problem with the same shells and at his request I sent the removable firing pin block w/pins and the trigger to him.

I have no idea how much time he spent figuring out what to do and how many boxes of shells he shot trying to be certain the gun worked as designed, long story short he made new pins put new springs in the trigger and couldn't make it fail with any shell!

Bear in mind I am not the original owner but they treated me like I was.

Today I rec'd the parts w/extra set of pins shipped 2nd day air and the trigger was wrapped with some green paper - (2) $20 bills to repay me for my cost for sending the parts to them!!

To say they are special folks doesn't begin do them justice.

Try them, and their fine custom made shotguns , you'll be as impressed as I am I guarantee!

Dick Lindsay

2. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

speaks a lot of Alfermann. I guess I would have never found out how generous they are. I would have just stopped shooting that brand of shell.

3. K80-Bav

K80-Bav TS Member

Can any one list a contact # for Larry or Garry. Thank you.

4. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

How great it is to see a positive post. Regardless of whom it may be posted. My hats off the Alferman people. We need positive comments on this thread within the sport. - Jim

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Sounds like sending them a GOOD bottle of Scotch is in order. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.