Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf cancelled Nothing to look at

4K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  JACK 
#1 ·
That is a beauty Jack, and at a great price. Won't last long. Harv

#10 ·
The rib on 253 is a Roger Eubanks rib from his (Rogers) factory. Roger also has done 3 Alfermann-style ribs which have a different adjustment mechanism. When I sold the gun new, it was a fixed rib @100% and fixed chokes. The first owner had the Briley chokes installed. I traded for the gun without wood and had Roger do the rib. I am responsible for the wood, which is a tall comb, Silver-dollar stock.

I have shot the gun some and it shoots good. Jack is good to deal with, and will help make the deal, as will I. I was on the phone with a fellow who had questions today and seemed very interested. 636-456-1012...let me know...merlyn

#15 ·
My Alf was #149 a Silver Dollar special that had a great easily removable rib "insert" . It was really neat in that you could change ribs for POI with a screwdriver. Roger Eubanks bored and choked it making the heavy barrel lighter (Most shooters big complaint about these guns). Pheasantmaster had it last. I sold it in a moment of stupity after tying for the GAH Handicap with a 99. AJ

#16 ·
Wow! what a great post Tex. And did youknow that 12/250 2012 grand winners were ALF shooters? Yikes! Amazing when you consider the 300 guns that are out there.

I took the gun down because of questions the buyer suggested made the gun aberrant.

The rib is true Ewbanks. It is a hell of a gun. I have a flush Briley .028 on the way. .741/.028. Gary never lies... BTW... Thanks Gary. This gun has no recoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.