1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ALEXANDRIA GUN CLUB - WINTER PROGRAM

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by mkstephen, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

ALEXANDRIA CONSERVATION & GUN CLUB, INC. Alexandria Indiana

Shooters don't forget; Daylight savings time ends on Sunday November 6, 2011 at 2:00 am don't forget to set your clocks back Saturday night.

Our Wednesday SUMMER practice program ended last Wednesday October 26, 2011.

We will not be open on Wednesdays this winter but will be open on Sundays.

Our Sunday WINTER program begins Sunday November 6, 2011. Hours will be 10:00 am through 4:00 pm. This program will continue each Sunday through Sunday March 26, 2012 - excluding Christmas and New Year's Day.

We will have practice rounds at $4.00 per 25 and $2.00 for 10 birds. If there is shooter interest we will have walk-across, games, and possibly a program.
    Our caretaker Kyle Williams will be running these shoots.

The club house will be open during these hours. Ladies are always welcome. As always our Rifle/Pistol range is open year round for shooting for club members only.

This is a great time to loose the 'cabin-fever' and get out of the house. We'll have heat on in the club house and the coffee on for you!

Tom Neal - President

Michael Stephenson - Secretary / Treasurer

2. plaw

plaw Active Member

Hot coffee and warm club house sounds good, wish I lived closer.....

3. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Hi Mike:

As per our convesation, I patterened the C. G. as you suggested. I was amazed to learn it was shooting so high! I adjusted the rib & stock, now we're getting along better. Thanks, Wayne

4. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Wayne,

I don't remember if your CG is a combo or not. If it's a combo, did you have adjust both barrels?

Michael Stephenson

5. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Hi Mike:

My C. G. is over / under only. I've got the rib all the way up & took the stock down some as well & it still shoots plaenty high, but we can live with it that way.
    later,
    Wayne

6. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Wayne,

Thanks for reminding me as I had forgotten you had a O/U only.

One advantage that I consider with the Caesar Guerini is both barrels are regulated to shoot the same point of impact. That is; if the top barrel shoots a 9" high POI at 35 yards the bottom barrel shoots a 9" high POI at 35 yards.

As you know I have a 34" U/S ~ 32" O/U combo. The old theory of having the bottom barrel shoot high and the top barrel shoot flat really doesn't work for me. I follow Harlan Campbell's theory of having all three barrels shoot the same point of impact. With this setup your sub-conscience mine knows where to hold no matter where the target is because the POI is the same.

So when that second bird goes extremely high in the wind you don't have to stop and think should I cover the bird with this flat shooting second barrel or where should I hold? You just shoot it like any other high bird that you would shoot using your known POI and barrel setup that you have practiced over and over.

I can shoot singles with my U/S or my O/U and I can't tell a bit of difference except the O/U is a little heavier but the POI and sight picture are the same using any one of the three barrels.

Michael Stephenson

7. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

8. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

9. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.