1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**ALERT** - Another scammer among us

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

A couple weeks before Christmas, I posted a thread wanting to buy a Glock 19. I got a PM response from a 'twestlake1' saying he had what I was looking for and giving me a gmail address. We exchanged emails and he sent photos along with a price well enough under the going rate that I began to wonder. The street address I was given to send the money order was in downtown Los Angeles, which also made me somewhat suspicious.

My suspicions were confirmed when I had a friend in LA check out the mailing address I was given for the money order. The address was real, but the person at the address had no idea what was going on.

I'm not certain how the scammer, twestlake1, would have gotten into the mailbox at the address they gave me. No matter

Anyway, 'twestlake1' will no doubt change their sign-on name now that he is busted.

Just wanted to let everyone know here. Be very careful when dealing with folks here who you don't know.

Gene in Illinois

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gene,

I assume you informed David or the mods?

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Matt I think he just did.

Don

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

David informs me that he kicked this guy off a few weeks ago, apparently just after my exchange with him. He even tried to re-register.
    Thanks David.

Gene in Illinois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.