Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alert-Alert-Alert possible Scammer!!!

8K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  HoldenBT 
#1 ·
LENNY CHIDDSTER A POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BE REAL CAREFULL DEALING WITH THIS GUY!!! I WAS LEAD TO BELIEVE HE HAD A BARREL THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AND THEN I ASK QUESTIONS ON THE DETAILS AND GOT THE RUN AROUND. HE SAYS HE IS TEXAS, BUT USING A PHONE FROM UK A COUNTRY CODE OF 44. I FINAL TOLD HIM THAT I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN DEALING WITH SOMEONE THAT WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANY DETAILS ABOUT THE PRODUCT!!!!

#3 ·
He tried to sell me a barrel that someone else had for sale. I thought his first message sounded funny. So I asked him for pictures. A few minutes later, he sent me a picture, but it was the same picture a legitimate seller had sent me a few hours before.

Watch out for Lenny! He is a scammer!

Vickie Larkin

#5 ·
Me too. I posted looking for Remington 4100 trap parts & he says he has a complete trap to sell. I asked how old & how many targets has it thrown. He replies," It is only 6 months old & has only thrown 100 targets." The 4100 hasn't been made for years!! He says the trap was used at the ATA shooting club in Texas. He sounds like trouble. Butch from Pgh

#6 ·
Just received an email from him, with no notification, or PM. Says he has a release hook in perfect working order. Not all scratched up. Willing to arrange pick-up, so item will not get damaged in shipping. If that does not say "scam", I do not know what does! Definite scammer!

Update: Asked where he is located? Answer: Tomball, Texas

#7 ·
THere have been a number of incarnations of this scammer, sometimes female also. The key is to look at the email address. This scammer uses something like xxx@ojjoo.com.

I am always suspicious of any email deriving from a foreign or internet email, like yahoo, gmail, etc.

Chip

#9 ·
He is picking up the email addresses that we post. He never sent me a pm, just and email. He downloaded pictures that someone posted in August on this website for the same kind of gun we were looking for. I really thought I had him when I asked for pictures. He wanted to know how much we had for the barrel, and where we were located so he could arrange drop off of the "unit" Who calls a gun a "unit"????

Vickie Larkin

#11 ·
Same here, I had an ad in WTB section for a P/W 800 plus. he emailed me a few times, sent me a pic of an old one, then sent me a nasty email when i said i was going to look around a little more. I thought it was a little funny that he got so pissed off. Watch out for this person. Dale

#16 ·
Whiz, i forwarded the emails he sent to me to David. I think he was checking on a few things. Maybe he can figure out something. Lenny never contacted me by personal message, just email. David did check and there was no one registered with the website with his email address. The guy is not an ATA shooter either. Probably one of those guys with all that money in the bank, but can't get it out, but will give you half if you send them your banking information. Just didn't speak the right english to me. Wasn't his first language that was for sure.

Vickie Larkin

#22 ·
I got him in London...but the trace timed out after that

12 114 ms 114 ms 113 ms if-12-6.tcore2.NYY-NewYork.as6453.net [216.6.99
45]
13 116 ms 114 ms 115 ms if-20-2.tcore2.L78-London.as6453.net [216.6.99.
4]
14 115 ms 115 ms 115 ms if-13-0-0.core4.LDN-London.as6453.net [80.231.1
1.50]
15 232 ms 233 ms 232 ms ix-11-11.core4.LDN-London.as6453.net [80.231.76
142]
16 209 ms 212 ms 210 ms lg.starcomms.net [196.3.62.19]

#24 ·
i got a photo of a gunstock i owned earlier this fall!! there have been 2 differant email addresses w/ ojoo.us sent o me-- i was asked to send $ western union!!!! wally riebesell

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.