1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alcohol Free Clubs Neil.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

We need ALCOHOL FREE CLUBS. Now that Neil is Pre's he should bann ALCOHOL at all ATA clubs. Just think, you will not walk in to a room full of drunks waving around a loaded gun in everyones face. There is no where to go at a club where you can get away from it. What is a guy to do?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Run for club president on a platform of banning alcohol. Go to a different club. Move to a new area. There are lots of clubs around here that don't allow alcohol. Bill Malcolm

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would join the club and start drinking ... why be the one of the few instead of being one of the many?

4. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Did someone make a new years resolution to quit drinking? Dont worry Garg, it won't last!...Nuc

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Art its cold here and I just need some heat to warm up alittle. How are you doing with not smoking? Hope your doing well with it.

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Think about this......Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms....the three most fun things in the entire world.....and also the most heavily regulated things in the whole world...what a shame!!!.......Uncle Sam, Pa.

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Uncle Sam you forgot two things CARDS AND WOMEN. Your slipping there old man.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If our little club stopped serving we would have to shut the doors in six months or throw $8 dollar targets.

9. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

My favorite quote:

“Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a bureaucracy.”

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I'm with Gold E on this one.....

Curt

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tron ... that looks like Gordon on the porch with Gene, BigDon and a few other TS.con people. Was that picture taken at the TS.com tournament shoot this past summer?

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Only when your sober Mike ...

13. LoveChild

LoveChild TS Member

Is that the Gordy setting by the door with his cowboy hat on wooo weee.Where is his horsie ???

14. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Also some mighty big cans of beer. LOL

15. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I'll rise to the bait....

If I want to shoot I go to a Range. If I want to be around a bunch of drunks I'll go to a bar. Some clubs have far more drunks than shooters. Neither a safe environment or one that shows the shotgun sports in a good light. You can joke about alcohol all You want but it is a problem at some Clubs.

FN in MT

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

So if you ban beer from the clubhouse all the drunks will sit in their motor homes and drink their own beer. At least the club gets a piece of the action the way it is. Please tell us how many accidents have occurred on the Trap range resulting from alcohol consumption! Most of the beer drinking trapshooters I know are impossible to detect visually. This is not an amateur group!!

17. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what the Lumper! Where would all the fun be without a bunch of drunks waving guns all over the place?

18. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Oleolliedawg, Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember a shooting maybe 3-4 years ago where they were shooting hdcp. and a long yardage shooter shot someone in the head in front of him. I read there was alcohol involved. This was not a ATA shoot.

George

19. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Tron, HA HA HA HA

FN in MT, you are so right. I have seen that problem at some clubs.

20. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Gold E,

You just became one of my heroes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.