1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ALBERTA PROVINCIAL SHOOT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljutic73, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of shooting at the Edmonton Gun Club this past weekend. Great club...great targets...and great weather for Sunday and Monday (the Saturday prelim hdcp and doubles were shot in the rain). I'd like to thank the APTA and all those who worked for a job well done!

Ron Burr

Lethbridge, Alberta

2. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Ron, yes it was a great shoot. Well run, no complaints.Fantastic facility. That rain was a bit of a $@$@%@. I actually lost a bird due to a rain drop landing on my rib as I shot. LOLOLOL
    I see Trevor won the Handicap.. GOOD ON HIM!
    I am already looking forward to next year

Did you and I get the chance to talk? I was talking to a fellow from Lethbridge and mentioned I didnt see a lot of lethbridge shooters.

Thanks
    Calgary Guy
    AKA Jamie

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Yes it was a well run shoot. Congrats to Trevor Dawe for winning the Big Handicap Event from the 27, his first Alberta Provincial Handicap Title. Congrats also to Alberta Delegate Allan Radway who earned his first Alberta Provincial Singles Title.

4. ljutic73

Yes, Jamie...that was me...AKA Big Ron...nice to visit with you...I'm just getting back into the game slowly as my knees and back allow...and I did OK at the Provincial which was encouraging!!..love to shoot them doubles!!

Ron

5. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Good on you Ron. I hope things get better for you.(Physicly and for the trap stuff)
    I also was encourage by that 96/99 I shot in the singles.(And I really like my new bag, I am still on cloud nine after that win!) I want to set a goal of competing in "A" class by next year. We will have home field advantage and I hope to take advantage of it!

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Take care
    Jamie

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Congrats to both Trevor and Allen....both great shooters and fun to be around.

Hope to see at least one of them at our shoot this weekend in Great Falls Mt.

Rickyd

7. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Yah know... I really have to get my form 6 for next year. I would have loved to come down to great falls for the weekend.
    Do you guys have a web site or anything?

Calgary Guy

8. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Where is Trev???
    He deserves to do a Victory lap.

Calgary guy

9. white rattler

white rattler Member

I would like to thank all the people who have called to say how happy they were for my winning the handicap at our Provincial Shoot. It means at lot to me. It only took 375,000 rounds and 26 years. P.S. thanks to Mike Cain for lending me shells for the shoot off. Trevor Dawe.

10. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Cripes Trev... I didnt know you started shooting when you were 50..
    Huh.. Who whould have known

Jamie

11. edgoodian

edgoodian TS Member

Congulations to Trevor and Allan on your great job of shooting. You guys from up North are always very tough shooters. Hope to see you in Medicine Hat for the fall shoot. Good job guys!!!!!

Ed

12. ljutic73

Good on you, Trevor!!....I left for home before the hdcp was over and when I looked up the results on the ATA site, your score wasn't posted, just the results of the shootoff.

13. SmittyK80

SmittyK80 TS Member

Congrats Trevor Dawe and all winners. Well done. I was at the Alberta Provincial for the second time and thoroughly enjoyed myself and all of the hospitality and shooting in spite of the weather. Great people who know what it takes to run a quality shoot. The Chuboda family and Giselle Stoik deserves a special thanks for their roles in making this all possible. Dwight A Smith

14. Hooked

Hooked Member

Hey Dwight,

Congrats to you as well. Turning in scores all weekend that had 9's in front of them is pretty darn good - especially with a gun that you've owned for less than a month! BTW, thanks again for lending me the rain gear!

I agree that Chuboda's and Stoik's did an outstanding job in making the shoot happen. Once of the best run shoots that I've ever been at and that Edmonton Gun Club is a real beauty. Hope I can make again next year.

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.