1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alaska state shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

We'd also like names and addresses once your trip is booked, so that we can send you a shoot program...for the obvious budgetary reasons, not every ATA member will be getting an Alaska Shoot program, LOL.

YukonJack, OTNOT and I are MORE THAN WILLING to help ANYONE out with trip planning, places to stay, places to see, fishing trips, whatever you might be interested in doing.

Folks are free to store guns and gear at my house while they fish and sightsee.

Jeff

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Dust4fun, you got mail....I hope!

Jim's right...plenty of time to do both. In fact, we'll be done shooting by 4pm. Plenty of time to run 2 hours down to the Russian River, catch a limit of reds and be back in Anchorage in time for a late supper at 9pm.

If you have to fish more than 30 minutes to catch a 3 fish limit, you've got problems!!!

And dusty, hell, if the bug has got you that bad, just move up here!! I came back to the state in 2000 after 8 years outside...moved back with no job, no friends and no place to live. Now, after 7 years here, I have a job and a place to live - but only Yukon and OTNOT as friends. 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

jeff, Yukon, maybe but don't trust otnot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like its a fish by nite, shoot by day venue :-} Who needs sleep.LMAO

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Otnot's right...wish I had a buck for everytime I left work at 5, ate in the truck on the way to the river, fished for a while and said "S***, it's 1am!! I gotta get up in 5 hours and go to work, and it's a two hour drive home."

And just kept fishing and went straight back to work...

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

otnot,is jeff really that bad of fisherman? I was hoping to hook into a few sizeable ones! Heck that one above is about bait size for bank_lining flats and blues down here :-}

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Pheasantmaster...it depends on what you're fishing for!!!

What I'm good at catching, it sounds like you have your limit of already, eh? So, hell, I'll hike you a mile or so up a creek I know up by Talkeetna and I'll hook you into a 40lb king on a 10 weight fly rod.

Then I'm going to go away for an hour and let you play. BTW, don't let that fish splash too much...that's what attracts them there brown bears. But I'll hang out 50 or 60 yards away with a .375. Maybe I can fill a bear tag.

When you're tired, I'll come back and unhook your fish for you.

And if you get a minute, find a show called "Easton Reality Bowhunting" on either Versus or the Outdoor Channel and watch the opening credit...there's some GREAT footage of a guy getting charged by a brownie. I know where they were hunting when they filmed that....and I'll give you one guess as to which river I'm walking YOU up.

And YukonJack isn't so much of a great fisherman...he's just really, really good at baiting up a rig. He's a master baiter, you might say. Just top quality.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Hell, you don't have to let everyone know...I'm a good enough sport to tell the story on myself.

For those of you not following along...I shot a 13 at wobble trap two weeks ago. T-H-I-R-T-E-E-N. 13. And that's with 2 shots at every one of those damn things...I'll bet I used that second barrel AT LEAST 20 times. I couldn't hit the GROUND.

And neither could Yukon, at last weeks registered shoot - as witnessed by his registered round of 17 in the handicap. Or, for fun, you could look in the last issue of Trap and Field...his picture, along with his "winning" January score, is in there....

jeff

8. Mongo-808-

Mongo-808- TS Member

OK I know yukon didn't catch that fish he's posing with. He more than likely ran it over with his boat. If he showed the other side you could see the marks the prop left.

Sounds like it going to be a fun shoot. Wish I could be there.

Mongo~David

9. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Otnot, know what you guys are saying about the daylight. I was in Palmer for a week in 1997 staying with some friends. By the end of the week I couldn't keep going anymore but what a time! You guys were having a "heat wave" that summer too. 80 degrees every day. What a wonderful time!

Steve

10. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

It will be on my wish list.

Jim, I didn't show up well for that last handicap at the Spring Grand, but what a diferrence A month makes,

By the way you would have been well done by the end of the day, I don't know what we got to heat wise but most shooters hats looked like they had been dunked in a bucket of water.

AL the big guy with the ole A5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.