1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alaska State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seymore/82, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

Well I left the Alaska Shoot today after being there since Wenesday. I need to say that everyone that jumped on the 'Count Me In" list last year when Jeff Pokorny set up the Shoot & Cruise package trying to attract more shooters to participate in their State Shoot missed it. The weather was absolutely great, 55 in the morning to mid 60's in the afternoon. The fresh Salmon&Halibut dinner on Friday and then steaks on Saturday at the club were delicious. Trophy presentations every night and no waiting to get paid. Start on time every morning and ran smoothly. I wish I had taken some pictures of the Trophys that were going to be given out today. Placques and Furs.

Thanks again for the hospitality and the help: Dave Kaiser,Ben Olsen, and Jeff Pokorny.

Dan Alspach

2. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Dan,thank you for the compliment and we had a great time shooting together.There is also some money coming to you that John Farner will be sending out this week.I have posted on here pictures of the tropys and of us together.

Ben Olsen ATA President for Alaska

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Dan, I had a great time meeting you and your wife. Glad you came.

I'm glad you thing our shoot lives up to the hype. We've been trying hard the last five years, that's for sure.

I think we put the club manager (Jim McCormick) through the wringer this year on his first state shoot, but all in all, things went well, and the trap boys were first rate.

Hope to see you again soon...have fun on the cruise!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.