1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alaska State Shoot Program available via email...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I have a PDF version (2 megs) of the Alaska State Shoot program I can email to interested folks. Drop me a PM, and I'll send you one.

The shoot is July 15-19 in Anchorage. Most of the events are "open" so the out of state folks get the same chance at any trophies. Those that are in state / out of state...we have what I think are super out of state trophies: Arctic Fox and Red Fox pelts with tags ID'ing what the event was.

We're also giving away 3 guns: a Springfield XD .40, a Remington model 7 rifle and an NRA commemorative Henry "golden boy" lever action - on $5 and $10 option plays, perazzi style. We're planning to have a NIB Browning Cynergy Trap Combo on silent auction. Min bid will be $2,300. That's NIB...a $5k gun, retail.

Food every night - steaks on Saturday for $10. We've yet to run out of beer. We've tried, but we just can't do it....

$6000 added money and well over $10k in trophies (in state HOA class winners get HIGH RIB COMBO AMERICASES - all the way down to D class). That's a $500 trophy if ever there was one.

We MIGHT attract 100, 110 folks - max. So if you're ever looking for a good shoot with great trophies and a great time...come on up. Next year will be even better!!!

we had 28 out of state folks last year...corner Ted Tenbroeck in Arizona, or Sam Smith in Wisconsin, or Bobby Emrick in Missouri or anyone else that came up (they all got T shirts, so they're easy to spot, LOL) about what a good time they had....

Jeff Pokorny
    Alaska ATA President

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

some text

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

Well guys and gals we are having the nicest summer I can remember in my 41 years in Alaska. Since May 1st I have only seen it rain twice. It has been 65-70 every day and the fish are biting. This is Mr. Jeff Pokorny last year with a thermometer in his hand (I offer to put it somewhere else) showing how warm it gets up here. Come on up and enjoy the mild weather and some fishing.

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=JeffPokorny.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jim

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Last year I had to leave that dang thing on a brown table in direct sunlight for 20 minutes to get that reading!!

This year is definitely starting out different...Jim's right: warm and dry so far.

Shaping up to be a great summer....

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

gonna be offline a couple days...shooting the Alaska PITA 50th Anniversary shoot where, I'm immodest enough to say, I'm the captain of the PITA state team this year.

Might be the highest trapshooting honor I'll ever win...though I do chuckle at the thought of the Alaska ATA president being the captain of the 50th anniversary PITA team.

Send me PMs if you want a program, and I'll get them all out when I'm back online....

Jeff

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

back in town after a loooong weekend of shooting.

TTT

7. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

HEY Jeff.....how'd you shoot?

I tell ya what...you come down to Mt state shoot the 8th of July and I will come up there. Fair enough?

Rick in Mt.

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

That's true, Jim....didn't win much at all.

but I beat the living hell out of you.....and that's gonna have to be enough.

Jim's right...it was a rough week for most of us.

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

10. THALL

THALL Member

Hello Jeff:

Thanks for the excel spreadsheet & the Alaska State Shoot program. I will see about July 2010. Take care. Tim Hall (down in Alabama)

11. Rx4PainAK

Rx4PainAK TS Member

The only thing I have to say to you Jeff is HAA HAA HAA. (Jared Mattson)

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

LMAO, Jared....show a little respect for your captain.

Other than singles, I didn't do soooo badly as some up in your country. I actually shot over my handicap average. Right off that tells you something about my handicap average!

Come on down for our state shoot....we'll see how you do against the varsity down here. We've got some nice trophies lined up, and the steaks have been ordered.

13. otnot

otnot Active Member

Hey Jerod, do you remember this:

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=JimandJune.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

LOL! Anchorage has a new secret weapon named Tom Faulkenberry. He was hot this past weekend. Come on down and drink some beer and I'm sure we can find some other mischievous things to keep everyone guessing. Old Fleming since he quit smoking is shooting singles damn tough. He managed 200x200 even with me giving him flak. I have been trying to get him start again so I can keep up. LOL

14. Rx4PainAK

Rx4PainAK TS Member

Alcoholic beverages $20
    New pair of shoes $95
    Getting Jim Fleming's goat: priceless.
    Turns out I'll be there for the HOA events after all. See you next month.

15. otnot

otnot Active Member

It will be good to have some folks that stay around after the shoot and know how to have fun and besides you guys are pretty good competition.

16. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Jared...be glad to have you down.

Just watched Fleming run 200 Saturday. Nothing but soot.

Bring your Fairbanks HAA trophy with you - you can trade it for a beer at our state shoot...

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

You guys from Anchorage think your such hot sh-t. If my memory serves me right the only thing you guys won was Cross for handicap and Ulcher for Sr Vet singles. The HAA was Jay,Doubles was Wally and singles was Stubby. And by the way there is only one of you on the first team. LOL I do have to give Farner kudos for HOA though.

18. otnot

otnot Active Member

Yea but I finally got my secret weapon in today so the eye thing won't be an issue. LOL And you should also show a little respect for YOUR captain. LOL

19. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Man....I don't think I'm that hot. I didn't win crap up in Fairbanks. But I beat the hell out of Fleming and Farner in doubles and 'caps.

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sparing highlights at 9:00 PM folks! :) Lil ol ME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.