1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alaska State Shoot-----Here I come!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dt-em, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dt-em

dt-em Member

First I want to thank Jeff P very much for his time as I have e-mailed and called several times. He has been a great help with info planning my trip. Salmon fishing, glaciers cruise, Denali and of course trapshooting their state shoot----what more could one want. Can hardly wait to meet and shoot with you all. Thanks Jeff and by the way will take you up on your offer to watch over my gun. See you in JULY!!!!!

Thanks,
    Harold from Iowa

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Harold I'm sure your going to have a good time up here in Alaska. I don't know if I would leave my gun with Jeff though. He just might put a hex on it he is so desperate to win an event. LOL Looking forward to meeting you.

Jim

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Harold:

The steaks are ordered. The trophies are here. We have the ring (a NICE $500 gold / amethyst ring) for the ladies ring shoot. I have delegated the beer getting duties to YukonJack222 - no one approved when I did it last year, so we'll have adult beverages if you're so inclined.

Yukon's right...we're gonna make sure you have fun, so you can go home and tell 500 of your closest associates that THIS is the shoot to come to.

jeff

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Otnot (Jim T.) posted at the same time I did...harold is carrying a very impressive singles average. That's all I'm going to say. Until I can get a side bet down, LOL.

I doubt I'm much of a threat to him. But we'll see. That's why you shoot the targets, after all....

5. mike T

mike T Member

Harold is my brother-in-law and we shoot a lot together. He will do his damnest to bring home to Iowa one of your trophies. And his wife will try to catch as many of your fish as she can. Wish I was going too. He does love to shoot 16's and doubles.
    mike t

6. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Harold, My wife and I visted Alaska several years ago and what a great time we had. I also, shot the state shoot and now have several friends for life, as a result. I always kid about this, but honestly, I would love to arrive June 1st and leave August 30th, for the rest of my natural life. I love it there. Solitude; peace and quiet; and wide open spaces; hardly any traffic; and nobody is concerned about your last name or where you are from. Have a great time!

7. dt-em

dt-em Member

Thanks for the plug Mike but I am betting on Lorri's chances fishing then mine shooting. Man do I need some more practice. Would like to represent us up there as well as I can. Already decided on STS's so Jeff can have my emties for babysitting my gun while we take in the sights. He hopefully can not hex my gun---he will not get it till I am done shooting lol----Harold

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

Steve I have lived up here 40 years now and I have to agree with you. I would like to leave here the end of October(end of good rainbow fishing) and return in May(begining of King salmon season). Unfortunetly that dream is a few years down the road.

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Harold, I'm not going to hex it so much as I'm going to put the barrel in a vice and bend it a quarter inch left....

My mojo is weak...but my vice is first rate, LOL.

10. mike T

mike T Member

harold if jeff bends your barrel a little you might shoot (hit) those angles better
    ha ha ha
    mike t

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Otnot,

Posting anymore pic's like that for us "flatlanders" too see will not be tolerated. A man could get real spoiled by such scenery on a daily basis!

ec90t

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

This is a shoot in Anchor Point Alaska at the Inmans in March. Quite a view! If you like the pictures you can go to my website where there are many more.

13. dt-em

dt-em Member

Hey Jeff trip really taking shape---shoot Sat & Sun---Kenai Penninsula cruise Mon.---Salmon fishing Tuesday then off to Denali Wed. Oh by the way I heard the horizon up there is curved slightly compared to Iowa so bending barrels a plus LOL---Harold

14. JBIRD

JBIRD TS Member

hey otnot my wife and i are coming to alaska on the 31st of october for 9 days 3 of which are for waterfowl hunting in valdez.
    what i was wondering is we are spending 5 days in anchorage and doing the sight seeing thing but there are a couple extra's that i would love to do and they are halibut fishing and shooting a round or 2 of trap in ALASKA.
    i don't even know if you can catch halibut that time of the year. and help would be appreciated. heck maybe we can even hook up, make new friends
    let me know thanks, JASON

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, Harold...it is curved. but it's curved to the right up here. you have to go to Antarctica for it to curve to the left - sort of like how the toilets flush backwards in Australia.

So when I bend your barrel to the left, as long as you remember to shoot BEHIND birds going to the left and DOUBLE your lead on targets going right, you'll have no problems.

Jeff

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Wish I could be there this year. I have lots of hexes in my tool kit.

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

JBird you better check with fish and game and see if there are any birds left that late in the year. Most of the geese migrate through here(Kenai) by the first week in October and after that the ponds and lakes start to freeze. I'm pretty sure you will be seeing some snow as well.

Yukon if I didn't let you win once in awhile, nobody would be able to stand you. Don't let the HOA go to your head since next time we meet I will be able to shoot the whole program and we both know your handicap average. LOL

18. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to mention Yukon's 'caps average, LOL.

He beat my butt in doubles - but he's not so far out in front that I can't stick close enough to make it up in handicap.

now, if he gets his yardage game together, we might all be in trouble.

19. otnot

otnot Active Member

JeffP don't inflate Yukons head anymore than it already is. Yukon's handicap problem could be easliy fixed with glasses,you know the big thick coke glasses. LOL

20. otnot

otnot Active Member

If my memory serves me correctly last month you were low man on the totem pole in singles??? LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.