1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alaska State Shoot/Fishing Vacation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Jim's right....we're setting up for a great shoot.

All you can eat Ribeye steaks Saturday night. A fish fry (salmon and halibut), probably on Thursday night.

We're giving away two guns outright on a score draw.

More details to come....feel free to email me if you're interested.

jeff

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

We will be...with a caveat. This year it's a ladies blue topaz and diamond ring. Not being TOO knowledgable about such things, its a blue topaz with a whole lot of little diamonds around one side of it.

And lets not narrow it down to "ladies" ring shoot!! Any man who cares to dress up in a skirt and high heels can go out and shoot too. Given that the ring is worth about $500, I'm considering it. And if I do it, I'm either wearing a thong or going commando, so ya'll better hope the wind ain't blowing.

IT WILL BE WORTH IT... No less than Devi herself has volunteered to draw the tramp stamp on my back, right above my beltline. It's a tossup between "wide load" and "no entrance" right now....

3. Toddy

Toddy Member

Please keep me informed...

Reg. T., East Sooke, BC

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Toddy...I got your email, standby for something coming your way. We do have a couple of fishing trips available for folks who are coming in from out of state and we can get you a good rate....

jeff

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jeff, I planned on tattooing "Cereal Killer" across and above your behind.

Or we could tattoo "Pucker Up" ... I'll leave it up to you.

Hope I'm shooting better by then. Some of the prizes are sounding pretty nice. I'll give the ring to you, you give me the gun if I win...LOL!!!!

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

ROTFLMAO...Devi, that's just plain mean!!! You should try to win the ring...by the sound it, it might come in handy for you.

We finalized the three guns that we're giving away. A Winchester SX2, black synthetic 12 gauge. A Remington Limited edition nickel Model 7400 in 30-06. and a Para-Ordinance 45 ACP. Nice guns, all....

Dust4fun...standby, you've got email coming.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Back to the top....OTNOT tells me that if we get the grill, he'll bring the fish, and we'll have a big salmon and halibut feed Friday night, the 13th.

I'll buy the keg of beer....

jeff

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

jeffp, Iam thinking a simple "BA" will be enough for me :-} I've got a heck of a selection of highheels to choose from but the only problem is I have to join two to fit one foot so not sure what to do! Would a "grass_hula" skirt be out_of_place at the shoot?

Can we take the 7400 fishing :-}

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Pheasantmaster, we sure could take it with us, but you might find it a bit small for stopping the big hairys.

I'll bring the .375HH if you feel really strongly about it. That'll stop them.

jeff

10. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Guys, I've only shot the state shoots in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio but being a hunter/fisherman at heart with a summertime zest for Trapshooting, you sure make it appealing to spend the kids and grandkids inheritance to try the Alaska State Shoot!

Eddie Quire

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Big Hairys and Skinny Dicks? After that, I'm thinking Hawaii would be a fun place to shoot...

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

jeff, alot more to it than what your reading :-} If I recall some guys carry .22's for a reason and even try to hit small moving targets. For me, I want a larger caliber and thus be able to slow the pace anywhere!LMAO

13. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

SKINNY DICKS USED TO BE CALLED ( SKINNY DICKS HALF WAY INN ). iWAS THERE IN 1989 AND THE OWNER WAS A VERY SKINNY MAN WITH A VERY LARGE INDIAN WIFE, HENCE THE NAME! WE SPENT THE WHOLE DAY THERE DRINKING WITH THEM AND LISTENING TO HIS STORIES, HE EVEN USED TO SELL T SHIRTS THAT WHEN YOU FOLDED THEM IN HALF IT WAS A PICTURE OF A SKINNY MAN AND A LARGE WOMAN IN A COMPROMISING POSITION. I SPENT 8 MONTHS UP THERE AND THAT DAY WAS THE MOST FUN I THINK IVE EVER HAD. IF YOU FOLKS HAVE THE TIME AND MONEY YOU SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO GO TO THIS SHOOT AND ENJOY ALL THAT ALASKA HAS TO OFFER. IF THE FOLKS THAT RUN THIS SHOOT ARE ANYTHING LIKE SOME OF THE PEOPLE I MET UP THERE YOU WILL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! CURT DUVALL ( MICHIGAN )

14. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Curt...thanks for the kind words. We surely do try up here. Best hospitality anywhere.

Martin...yep, a .22 is all you really need - in fact, I shot that one in the picture up above with a .22 at about 15 feet. When I have you tourists out, I ususally try to play the part of the grizzled Alaskan and carry something suitable to stop an armored division, though. And lots of shells. I've been known to carry 40 shells to a deerstand for a morning sit.

Martin, what kind of shells are you and yours going to shoot up here? I just made a deal with the local Remington dealer if you want us to set some back for you...just let me know how many and what size shot, etc. We usually shoot high brass sixes when we're on the 35 yard line. It's all bigger in Alaska, remember.

And i just picked up the guns for the giveaways...how many state shoots that only have 100 - 120 folks shooting are giving away THREE guns this year???

jeff

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

jeffp or otnot, what does the program consist of for the state shoot?

jeffp, don't worry about protecting me just keep guard over curvy. I'mgoing to bring my bear hunting knife and I may just want to play with the locals :-}

16. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Wedensday, Thursday and Friday are 100 targets each type, in various order. Wednesday might be singles, handicap, doubles, for example, and Thursday might be doubles, singles, caps. I haven't seen the program yet for the exact order, just know that it's a hundred of each, each day.

Friday are the class championships...we're giving away the Remington 30-06 that day on the singles event.

Saturday is the singles championship, 200 targets. Winchester SX2 being given away that event. Saturday afternoon is a handicap event, 100 targets. Then the ring shoot for the ladies and the steak feed.

Sunday starts with 50 pair of doubles, championship. And then the handicap championship - 100 targets. Purse, calcutta, options. Then trophies. We'll be done about 430 or 5pm.

Fun shoots every night 30 minutes after the last event ends. We're working on prizes for those...but basically, once we pay for the targets, every dime goes back to the shooters on the fun shoot.

17. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

yukon, we need to let curvy touch off a round in this baby :-} And yes I understand how heavy these are as a friend back in KS has one. What brand do you have yours in?

jeffp, I will need 3 flats Light Handicap in 8's, 2 flats light 8's and 2 flats light 7.5's all in STS unless gun clubs are available. What is pricing going to be?

18. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Well all I can say is, we will be there .. You can count on six from the garden state, New Jersey.... We had a great time last year and I am sure we will this year.

ps It's not as expensive as you might think..

19. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I would love to attend the Alaska State Shoot except, I don't know if I could tolerate being spanked by Cory Cogdill, Carol Inman, Whitney Ruesch, Sasha Ruesch, Lori and her daughter! I don't have to worry about Dave Inman, Jim Fleming and Jeff P. Looks like those Alaska female shooters are the real buzzsaws! I'm talking to my better half on it this weekend. Who knows I may finally get to Alaska.

Rick Brohmer

P.S. Any one know what would be the most cost effective airline to use out of Chicago to Anchorage?

20. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

dusty

We will be there for the entire shoot. However we are going to take one day off to go on a fishing trip. If you give me a phone number or an email address I will contact you directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.