1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

()()()*()()() ALASKA STATE RESULTS ()()()*()()() ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dontrys, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

OK!! Does anyone have any word about the ALASKA STATE results, so far??

Surely someone has some result answers....scores!!!???

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

I'm sure Jeff P will get them posted sometime today. We had great weather and the shoot went flawlessly. The only scores I know are my own and I will keep them to myself. LOL

Jim

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Mine will remain a deep dark secret, too. I shot average all week, and average don't win much...

John Farner was HOA with a 1054 and HAA with something like a 386.
    Mike Miller broke every doubles target on the whole grounds, including some of mine, all weekend - He ran 200 straight.
    Ben Olsen won the Handicap and $1,500 with a 97
    Stubby Hughes won the singles with a 200 straight.
    Gerald Atol, who just came out to try the doubles, broke a 99 and won the state title.

All in all, we threw just over 100k targets including shoot-offs. That's up from 86k last year and 77k the year before that. OTNOT cooked some great fish, and the steaks on Saturday were super.

I'll try to get more results up in a day or two...

jeff

4. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

OK... OTNOT... Spill the beer & tell us what you shot. That is public information & you Can NOT withhold it!!! I'll subpeona if necessary. LOL

I'll be leaving for the Grand on the 3rd and will meet Norm for the prelims. Too bad Y'all cannot make it. Y'all will be missed.

DON

5. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

How is MIA doing up there?
    Bluerock1

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

He couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a stun gun. Set the record for crossfire misses. Even the misses' had less misses. Great club, well run, and they party like it was going to be 1964 all over again.

I'll get some pics upt today.

7. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

Hey Jim F.

How about yourself....how did you do...tell truth now??!!

Good to hear from ya.

DON

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

Let's just say Yukonjack let the HAA slip through his fingers(more like he dropped it) on the handicap. And the only reason why is he didn't have any Yukon Jack the night before. All the other days when he was a bit under the weather he shot just fine. I think his liver finally reached it's limit and he had to give it a night off.

9. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I heard that a Browning XT Trap gun works great as a spud bar!!

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Yukon's liver is actually kept in a small trailer he pulls around behind his truck. After the hard miles he has on him, he had to finally go external, LOL.

I would say that Yukon shot about average, or maybe a little less, for him. And that's not a recipe to win much. As I found out.

By the way, scores are up in the state shoot thread - and that's ALL the scores, so inquiring minds can see each and every one of Yukon's scores. Just click on the link in the thread....

11. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Was Sarah Palin there?Did anybody see Pete Sweeney from MA.??

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Pete was here. Seemed like he had a good time.

13. pulllit

pulllit Member

What a great time I had at the Alaska State Shoot this year. Since my last visit in 2005 there have been many improvements, especially the building up of the trap field berm, new Pat Traps, and club house improvements. Manager Dave Cross and crew have done a superb job and it shows. The targets are some of the best I have ever seen. Too bad I could not make better use of them in the handicap as there was no reason why a 100 from the fence could not be done. For Alaska weather, it was near perfect shooting conditions.

On Friday, the (free) grilled salmon supper was great. Thanks otnot. Saturday’s rib eye steak supper was also great. Thank you to the committee for a job well done.

For all potential out of state shooters—this is one state shoot that you must experience. The hospitality you will never forget and you will encourage your shooting friends to put the Alaska shoot in their future.

I hope to return again next year. Maybe yukonjack and otnot will allow me to squad on post three handicap between them. Those two are a hoot. (good shooters too)

pulllit

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

pulllit, I see you figured those two out fairly quick?? Several months back, I said the same thing about them too!

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=8-20Pics271-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

How'd ya like a pup outa these two bird dogs?? :) Great guys and a ton of fun to be around!!

Hap

15. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I personally had a great time!!! Thanks Yukon for the coaching help in the mental game.The food was FANTASTIC with fresh salmon for dinner on friday thanks otnot for the fish.I think a great time was had by all even Brad B had a good time being squaded with the Fairbanks youth shooters to shoot a 199 in singles and be with those great kids!!! I was squaded with the women from Fairbanks and Bailey from here and Sterling in the caps and they gave me very good luck.I did not catch a gentlemans name from Whitehorse,YT that shot on my singles and doubles squad he did very well and was glad to have him here for the shoot.

Ben

16. pulllit

pulllit Member

I took this picture of what I believe was a group field trip from Fairbanks.

I think the short bus had Fairbanks North Star Borough Behavioral Center painted on the sides.

Later that night it was apparent that the group was in the first year of treatment!!

(just kidding Fairbanks)

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

Old Yukon was kind enough to provide us with some pictures of the trophies that were given away this year. I'm amazed he figured out how to use a digital camera????? Pullit if you come to Alaska again your more than welcome to shoot with Yukon and me. Why you would want to I don't know. LOL

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=STATESHOOT4.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=STATESHOOT1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=STATESHOOT3.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=STATESHOOT2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

18. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim, for posting the pics.

It's a little hard to tell from the pictures - those EIGHT americases are all high rib, 36" combo cases.

I haven't heard of any other shoot that gives their D class HOA a $400+ case as a trophy...or their C class HOA...or their B class HOA...or their A or AA or runner up HOA. or the HAA.

And we're planning to do better next year....sorry, I'm a little bit proud of the trophies we give out. I have a great board of directors and a great club manager running a great shoot....

Look for folks wearing Alaska state shoot T shirts at a shoot near you and get the scoop from them.

Jeff Pokorny
    Alaska President

19. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Dennis , pete sweeney,Myself and my son had a great time
    At the shoot! Iwill post pics next week of the shoot when we
    Are done filletin salmon and halibut frank c

20. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Dennis , pete sweeney,Myself and my son had a great time
    At the shoot! Iwill post pics next week of the shoot when we
    Are done filletin salmon and halibut frank c