1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???ALASKA STATE RESULTS???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

This guy Jim told me that the shooters with the highest scores won but sometimes it hard to fully believe his as a source as well.

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

We are a little slow getting things posted..but if Yukon don't do it, I will in a couple days.

It was a damn long week...at the club by 7am, home by 9pm -- and I was leaving EARLY.

It was really a pretty fun shoot, and folks seemed to enjoy it. We're already working on next years shoot.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Jim. We really missed being there. Congratulations to John, too.

All I want to know is...did Jeffy wear that skirt? Send pics.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

yes, we will be at the Grand. We will continue the fun there.

Give Martin and me a call. Jeff has our phone numbers, but I thought I sent them to you, too.

Put Jeff in a sack and sneak him on the plane with you (you can tell the stewardess that it's your laundry and it can be stuffed into the overhead). We will make him wear the skirt where it really counts.

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Curvy, I'm saving the dress for when you and Martin are here!

Dave and Carol Inman did pretty well during the shoot...I don't have results in front of me, but each won several trophies during the week. Jim Trujillo is a Kenai guy, and he won HOA (woo hoo!!)

The cops were a hoot...they had all the sirens going on about 3 cop cars and an ambulance, guys yelling on loudspeakers. Guess they were trying to simulate shooting under confusing conditions. Guy was shouting "ROLLING THUNDER, ROLLING THUNDER, ROLLING THUNDER" and then they'd all start shooting. Now, understand I didn't walk down and look...but when I think of a bunch of cops with their 9mm's shooting, that "rolling thunder" is just about the last mental picture I have. But, being cops, all I could picture was a bunch of guys standing around masturbating furiously and firing in the air. Guess you had to be there. I thought Trujillo was going to wet himself, he was laughing so hard.

And a small correction to what Otnot posted above...the 99 that John Ulsher shot was in the Udelhoven sponsored Vern Roth Memorial Handicap. Vern was a great skeet shooter who could also handle a trap gun - and he always had shells and time for junior shooters. Vern passed away at Christmas time after a stroke. Always shot with a cigar between his fingers on his forend hand. He had purchased several boxes of cigars before he died, and his wife graciously brought them to the shoot for us to smoke. So we did - and told a lot of funny stories about Vern and shooting in general.

He is missed.

6. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jim trujillo trap