1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ALASKA ST shoot wood auction (Scattergun Stocks)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Bobby Emrick - Scattergun Stocks, an advertiser right here on TS.com - has generously donated the Alaska State shoot a Turkish walnut shotgun stock blank with matching forearm.

We're going to silent auction the blank and forearm to raise money to support the state shoot and the SCTP and AIM programs in the state. At all Alaska shoots, junior shooters shoot for half price ($14 per hundred), and in past years, we've been able to help out with some ammo at the state shoot as well. That's getting harder and harder with the price increases we have seen lately.

Bobby made me a stock for my MX-2000 this winter, and my singles and doubles averages are up two full points since we did the pattern stock and got it filed into shape.

Bobby will be at the Alaska State shoot again this year - several of us are having stocks done, and I'm having another one built. His work is top notch - my stock is simply beautiful. Check out his website.

We already have a local bid of $300 on this blank, but in an effort to raise more money, we thought we'd try this. It's a nice piece of wood for a good cause.

Winning bidder gets the stock, the forearm, and shipping to your address in the USA is included along with my honest recommendation that you let Bobby build you the stock.

Pictures will be up shortly.

Jeff Pokorny
    Alaska ATA President

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Here's a few pics of the blanks for a great cause!! Great looking blanks!

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view¤t=TurkishRHside.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view¤t=TurkishLHside.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view¤t=Turkishtop.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Someone's gonna get a great looking stock set from these!!

Hap

This is a finished stock that belongs to Jeff P. by Scattergun Stocks.

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=perazzistock.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Hap

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Big thanks to Hap for helping me with the photos!

We'll keep the auction open until March 13th, 2009, noon AST. Highest bidder timestamped (by his / her) post prior to noon that day is the winner - and shipping to anywhere in the USA is included.

that light spot around the pistol grip is the glare from the lights in the photo.

Remember, we have a local bid for $300 here in Alaska...so bids must be higher than that.

All proceeds to benefit the Alaska State shoot and our youth programs.

Feel free to email me with questions.

4. Doubles/Bob

Doubles/Bob TS Member

Hi Jeff,
    Bob Larsen here from Palmer. I will bid $500.00 for the wood. Come on guys lets see some bids.

Regards
    Bob Larsen

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks, Joe...well, you can buy it, if you want. I still have the bondo stock bobby made mine from, so he can make me another on if need be!! Bobby sure does nice work, and that blank turned out a bit better than it might have shown when it was rough.

Bob, THANK YOU for the super bid. The forearm that comes with it is a nice piece, too.

jeff

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

If you really want wood just come up to Alaska and you will find all the woods you want. Now for all you lady shooters don't forget the man to woman ratio is 2:1 and that is men to women. LOL

Jim

8. Doubles/Bob

Doubles/Bob TS Member

Hi Jeff

I would like to bid $750.00 for the stock Blank.

Bob Larsen

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Thanks Bob!

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

TTT - just over one week to go. next friday, noon AST, is the last time to get your bid in.

We sure appreciate the bids!

jeff

11. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

12. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

Keep those bids coming in - money is going to a good cause

13. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

14. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

It's a nice stick should go for more money!
    Joe

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

16. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

17. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

ttt - tomorrow is the last day.

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Up for a good cause!! Helping a kid shoot a few targets helps our cause long term!!

Someone is going to have a super good looking fitted stocked gun here fairly soon, at a great price too!! Good luck guys and kids!

Hap

19. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

It's 12:36 Alaska time. Auction's over...congratulations Bob!

Bobby was also gracious enough to donate us a stick of English....I'll put that up soon for another auction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.