1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alaska info needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cueguy2, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Any Alaska guys out there? I am going to be in Anchorage from Sept. 18 - 25th. Have a Denali trip and a Glacier cruise planned, but is there anything that I "have to see or do" while in your area? What is the weather like that time of year? Probably don't need my shorts or tank top. Any trap clubs in the local area that would have an extra shirt or hat for sale? Any info appreciated. Nubs Wagner.

2. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Hey Jim

Take the L out of your URL.

Frank

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Hey Nubs....

Well, I think we have a big 50 shoot on Thursday, Sept 20th. I can double check that if you're interested. And even if they don't, we could hit the club for some practice - be glad to loan you a gun to use, or the club has a bunch you can borrow. There is a skeet shoot that weekend too - 100 each gauge.

Jim's right...you should halibut fish one day.

Give me a call...I can point you to restaurants and some things to do in Anchorage. Tourist season is winding down, but there's still some things going on.

jeff

4. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Thanks for the info. I am not sure of our plans right now, but will take the phone numbers along. Shooting some would be fun. Nubs.

5. frozen

frozen TS Member

If you SCUBA dive, the spearfishing out of seward for rockfish and lingcod is excellent right now.
    Myles

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Nubs.........There's a couple eskimoe girls here in my hometown of Kickuwickuwickuwick if you'd rather not waste your time shooting!

7. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

My wife says she has the itinerary made out and the eskimo girl does not fit in the schedule. Can't imagine why...........The only non-scheduled time is Sunday afternoon and I am looking for a place to play pool. Any suggestions? Big tables preferred with cue rentals available. Pool hall over a bar. Nubs.

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Every one of the pictures on my website were taken within 3 hours of Anchorage.

http://www.ysr-racer.com/ak.html

This is the Little Su an hour outside on ANC

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.