1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alamo Arms sold

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tj303, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

http://www.alamoarms.com/
    "Alamo Sporting Arms is pleased to announce new ownership. Mike and Pam Young will continue the tradition of excellence with Alamo’s expertise in Krieghoff shotguns, both in factory authorized sales and service."

2. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Yep. I don't think they were open at the Grand. I worked with Pam when she was at DuPont. I wish them all the best. Wasn't Norbert(I think that was his name) working there? Dave T.

3. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

Where is Norbert going ? I thought he was a partner with Rich ?

4. tj303

tj303 Member

See other posting. Norbert and Rich now run Blaser! http://www.blaser-usa.com/New-Management-Team-Move-of-Compa.935.0.html

5. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Sorry to correct. There are several other competent Krieghoff gunsmiths in the US. Most are Krieghoff trained. Earnest is not. No slur to Earnest. He is a nice guy and you dont have to be factory trained to work on a gun. There are at least 6 more sets of very competent hands in the states. Laurence Pylinski, Phillip Crenwelge, Chris Maest, Bill Gillette(newly retired) just to name a few. Todd

6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Todd- I have great respect for you as a stock man and fitter and as individual of fine character, but I would (and have, and will continue to) send my K80 to Ernest before any others you mentioned or the factory (which at times has turned out some real cock ups).

Its just my opinion and, although I'm sure there are some out there, I have never met a gun owner who was not completely satisfied with Ernest's work on a K80.

Stephen

7. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Baron,
    Im not offended by your remarks at all. Ive visited with Earnest on several occasions in my travels, and I find him to be a very nice fellow. I am living proof that you dont have to be "factory trained" to achieve some level of proficiency in your field. Your statement regarded Earnest as the only remaining competent Krieghoff gunsmith. I felt obligated to disagree and to let our new readers know that (in my opinion) there is more than one who remains. Norbert, no doubt, was one of the best I ever saw. Im glad Earnest is producing good work for you and others. A crappy smith or fitter, out on the road, makes us all look bad. If my remarks were offensive to you, that was surely not my intent. We should all be able to respectfully disagree, or add-to, share ideas and opinions without feeling offended. Yours in Shooting, Todd Nelson

8. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Nah...I wasn't offended at all. Also, it wasn't my statement that Ernest is now the only competent K80 smith left with Norbert going to bigger and better things...that was Tiller. Heck, I don't think even Ernest would agree with that statement.

I still have the wonderful Nelson adjustable hardware on my Kolar that you put on and fitted to me (and which I have had absolutely no need to change or adjust since) at the Flamingo Open in Fla a few years ago. I recommend you guys all the time for the two traits I personally like to see in someone working on my guns; good solid character and perfectionist attention to detail and quality.

I feel the same way about Ernest.

Take care, Todd...I was at the skeet Masters this year in Bragg...got a bit busy...and by the time I came by to say hi to you and again compliment you on the job you did on my stock, you had departed. Look forward to catching up with you somewhere/sometime.

Stephen Meyers

9. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

I met Mike & Pam when they were at Dupont. I plan to have an annual on my K-80 while at the world next month if it is still there. If anyone wants a recommendation for Mike feel free to contact me..

Hi Todd

ernie

10. Maner

Maner TS Member

I agree with you Steve. Marlette is the best on Krieghoffs. In fact he specializes on just Krieghoffs. His reputation is impeccable and not to mention a helluava nice guy. I have known him 20 years and I dont think there is any better smith in the country. We are glad to have him here in the south.
    Marvin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.