1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alabama Trap Championship -- Suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by THALL, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THALL

THALL Member

I would like to have some feedback on how to make the Alabama Trap Championship better for the shooters. Please PM me if you have something that you do not want made public. I will make all comments available to the officer's of the ASTA unless you tell me otherwise. Other than the weather comments, all input is appreciated. Thanks. Tim Hall

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Someone that shoots as good as you should be able to control the weather too! Seriously, I think the only improvement would be to add an 8th trap so you can shoot some type of bank system. The shoot is extremely well run and is a good time for all.

Gary Rickard

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Ditto for me! Other than an 8th trap I can't think of much that would improve it. It is the most well run state program I have ever seen! The trophies were top notch! Maybe talking up the dinner on Sat. night a little more but outside of making Bill Parson better looking--(Misson impossible as I see it LOL)! :) Not much I can think of!--- Bill,--As they say in the south--Ya know I was just funnin ya!

4. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Tim, I must agree with Gary, The shoot is well run, the trophy committee does a great job. I can't see anyway of improving it short of installing more traps. (and maybe a little DECAF coffee for us old guy's) Always enjoy, Don Kerce

5. Firewater

Firewater Member

Limer beans and fried cornbread

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Gary,--Great visiting with you and the boys from Tally! Laura asked about you all. Look forward to seeing you all again soon!

7. JD45

JD45 Member

I came to the Rebel Yell in 2009, and thought it was a great club and well run shoot. But it was the last weekend in august.

One suggestion: Please stop having the Rebel Yell on opening day of DOVE SEASON.

8. THALL

THALL Member

Thanks for all of the comments. I consider working with Bill my Missionary work (he is a bammer fan). Please keep the comments & suggestions coming. Shoot Well! Tim Hall

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Can you get that 8th trap built and working in time for your shoot and do you have the room for it, if so that should be your TOP PRIORITY.

You would be suprised how fast a trap field can be installed with a laid out plan.

Decide where it goes, bulldoze if necessary put underground electric conduit in place build the trap house foundation while others lay out the field install concrete forems strike the yardage lines in concrete pads, then they are there forever.

This being done while they build the trap house.

Build the trap pyramid in the correct location if possible with the lay of the land have a walk in trap like they have at Cardinal in Ohio, easy to load and have lots of targets in the house. Put a Bulb like the one's used in Walk In Refrigerators so trap boy can signal when ready, OFF is READY On NOT READY +
    the Flag w/Holder on Right side front of the trap house.

It would be nice to have that 8th traphouse.

Gary

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's a well run shoot, in a nice place. Good food, nice trophy's, and clean heads. I really can't think of any complaints. Thats unusual for me.

11. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Get the scores posted sooner, and linked on this site. If Georgia, TN, FL, NC, SC, etc. can get the shooters scores posted on a daily basis during the shoot and linked to the trapshooters site, someone - even an Auburn grad - should be able to figure out how to get it done. Love going there, great place, great people, but having to wait a few days after the state shoot, and then only a summary of winners, really lags way behind the other state shoots track and post the scores.

rbmtrap

12. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Hi Tim,
    I suggest a designated area for all vendors. Make it a priority and solicit their participation. Their location this year was poor and scattered. The enhancement could generate additional vendor's fees.

Invite Winchester / Remmington and have them sell shells with the immediate rebate as they do at the Grand. Kemen opened a plant in Tennessee last year so they may be receptive to a promotional price on shells during the shoot.

A favor or two for the shooters would be nice. Maybe a hat for everyone donated by Cabellas, Bass Pro, Gamaliel's or ??? Alternately you could have hats made with the Alabama Trap logo and add a few bucks to the shoot fee to cover the cost.

As usual it was a great, well run event with the exception of the Auburn flag...

Doc

13. Bama73

Bama73 Member

Tim I think yall do a fine job, I always enjoy myself, have a great time, and seem to shoot my best scores there. I have never been to any other State Shoots tho so I have nothing to compare it to. Maybe a jumbotron with all Bama championship highlights running continuously but I don't wanna press my luck...hehe

14. THALL

THALL Member

I really do appreciate all of the above posts & PM's that I have received. I have shared all of the PM's with the officer's (without names or handles). Please keep them coming. Shoot Well!! Tim Hall

15. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

A fried whole catfish with hushpuppies and Vidalia onions night.

Blackberry cobbler with handcranked ice cream.

16. THALL

THALL Member

Again, thanks for all the comments & PM's. I am really glad we did not have to shoot in this heat that is here now with more coming. Tim Hall

17. Ray Collins

Tim,
    The fellowship aspect is somewhat weak on Saturday night since few stay and eat. As nords indicated the Saturday night meal at the Georgia State Shoot had good participation since there was no direct/ticket charge for it. This could be funded at our shoot by adding a sur charge to the Saturday and Sunday events. Maybe $2.00 +/- per 100 targets for a total of $8.00 would cover it and offer tickets to non-shooters--spouses/vendors--for $10.00. The meal could be coordinated with the annual meeting which, hopefully, would enhance attendance. Just a thought...

Doc

18. THALL

THALL Member

Jerry, I do like the comment by "Hammer1"...sounds damn good!! Ray, you do not need to worry about the vendors for next year....you are in charge of that committee...LOL (no really you are, thank God that is one project I do not have to worry about)....shoot well...Tim Hall

19. Ray Collins

Wait, huh, what???!!! That last transmission was garbled...

Doc

20. 6chuter

6chuter Member

All in favor for Ray....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.