1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alabama thumps Georgia,ND next

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Alabama will thump ND just like they did Georgia. This will leave OHIO STATE BUCKEYES at the top as the only undefeated team in footabll. OHIO STATE NO. 1
    ,go BUCKS.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Oldtimer, in my experience when I thumped somebody I just took them out unable to rally. The Alabama game was a long way from that. They just barely squeaked by but the bottom line is they won. Jackie B.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

My money is on N.D.

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Ohio State reminds of Kentucky. Win at all costs. Rules only apply to other schools. Both are bottom feeders.

5. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Opening line on bcs championship game
    Bama by 9.

Would really liked to have seen A&M play K State in the Cotton Bowl.
    Two top quaterbacks facing off. Go Johnny Football.

6. klightfoot

klightfoot TS Member

OK gp1217. It seems you and others don't understand the rules of football. Once the QB throws an interception he is considered a defensive player therefore that's why there was no roughing the QB call.His eyes were on the player with the ball with intent to stop him if needed.He was fair game

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

klightfoot.....you are absolutley wrong! The rules state in both College and Pro that a Defensive player will not deliberatly hit the QB above the head with his helmet. It was a very bad non-call by the refs.

blade819

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Blade- He was no longer the QB at that point. He was a defensive player. I agree that the helmet to helmet contact was unnecessary, but he shouldn't get the benefit of the QB rules at that point either.

The best way to stop the helmet to helmet contact is to get rid of the style of helmet being worn now.

9. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

What? Go back to leather? I suppose that would work, though...Bill

10. klightfoot

klightfoot TS Member

No I am absolutelty right. Once an interception is thrown there is NOT a QB on the field. Geezz wake up.That position is now a defender of the intercepted ball.Im not sure about the helmet to helmet judgement call but I'm 100% sure of the QB call

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I would hope that with advances in modern technology, we could come up with something to protect against head injury, yet not encourage using the head gear as a weapon.

As far as actually designing said headgear,that part is above my labor grade. lol

12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Was watching a trainer "blow up" Suh's helmet last sunday at Ford field. Some sort of pneumatic liner? Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.