1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***** ALABAMA STATE TRAP *****

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by THALL, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THALL

THALL Member

The Alabama State Trapshooting Association will host the 2009 Alabama State Trap Shoot at Dixie Trap & Skeet, L.L.C. in Mathews, Alabama (just outside of Montgomery). The shoot starts on this Thursday & will consist of a 1,000 targets. If you would like a scanned copy of the program, send me a PM with an e-mail address & I will forward a copy that I made of the mailed program. Tim Hall

2. Damifino

Damifino Member

Any suggestions on where to stay that is close and cheap?

3. THALL

THALL Member

Go to dixietrap.com & look at the directions tab. It will have a listing of area hotels & phone numbers. I believe the cheapest will be the Pine Lake motel (an old road side motel from back in the 1940's / 1950's, but clean from what I hear). Tim Hall

4. THALL

THALL Member

You can now access a pdf file of the state shoot program at dixietrap.com....click on the "announcements" link on the left hand side of the screen. Thanks. Tim Hall

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Looks like perfect weather. Ya-all-come-down-hear?

6. THALL

THALL Member

Partial score update. SINGLES Champion - John White IV, 198; RU - Bill Parson, 197; AA - Jackie Howard, 196; A - Don Ross, 196; B - Robert Martin, 194; C - James Wilkerson, 195; D - Charles Ewing, 182; Lady - Lauren Hyde, 184; Sr. Vet - M P Hill, 189; Vet - Wayne Sinclair, 197; Junior - Jacob Gist, 196; Sub Jr. - Will Riley, 195; Parent/Child - Don Ross & Nicholas Ross, 391.....NON-RESIDENT SINGLES Champion Ray Grimes (GA), 199; AA - Matt Trammell (FL), 196; A - Thomas Galloway (NC), 195; B - David Adams (GA), 195; C - Norm Franklin (GA), 192; D - Brian Terbeek (GA), 187; Lady - Karen Dickman (FL), 196; SR Vet - James Mitchell (GA), 195; Vet - Ray Walden (FL), 193; Junior - Heather Thaxton (SC), 191; Sub JR - Emanuel Boyer (FL), 183

DOUBLES Champion - Bill Parson, 97; RU - Autumn Trimback, 95; AA - Jackie Howard, 82; A - Nicholas Ross, 92; B - Wayne Sinclair, 86; C - Tritt Martin, 92; D - Tim Hall, 78 (LUCKY); Lady - Amanda Trimback, 70; Junior - Tritt Martin, 92; Sub JR - Will Riley, 85; Vet - John Tompkins, 88; SR Vet - Charles Ewing, 80.....NON-RESIDENT...Champion - Gary Blair (GA), 98; AA - Matt Trammell (FL), 97; A - Boone Butler (GA), 95; B - David Hollingsworth (GA), 95; C - Sam Weil (GA), 94; D - Van Seagraves (FL), 87; Lady - Karen Dickman (FL), 88; Vet - Larry Rickman (MS), 94; SR Vet - John Hiter (GA), 96; Sub Jr - Emanuel Boyer (FL), 83; Junior - Heather Thaxton (GA), 85

HAA Champion - John White IV, 379; AA - Bill Parson, 376; A - Jacob Gist, 378; B - Sidney Johnson, 375; C - Will Riley, 373; D - Jeff Hyde, 338

HAA Open - Gary Blair, 387

HOA Resident - Bill Parson, 948

HOA Non-Resident - Gary Blair, 966

I will update for Handicap later today. Tim Hall

7. BAP

BAP TS Member

The scores have been posted on our web page: www.dixietrap.com. Thanks for all the kind words and for every one who attended. The trap help and ASTA board worked very hard to make this one of the smoothest shoots in a long time. There were some trophies that didn't get delivered but they are being ordered and will be mailed out by the Board. Bill Parson Jr.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill,

This was without a doubt the best Alabama State shoot we've attended. Not to mention the best weather you guys have had at a state shoot. It was fantastic to spend my anniversary down there with my friends. I'm thinking of bringing the wife next year. By the way, Mike Reed says he may even bring his wife next year since it was their anniversaary also.
    Had a great time!

Dave

9. nords

nords Member

I bet you liked it, won singles & caps! Congrads.
    P.S. Did you feed you wife BQ on your anniversary, I know better!!!
    Talk to you soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

alabama state trap shoot

alabama state trapshooting