1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alabama State Trap Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Firewater, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firewater

Firewater Member

Want to thank Bill,Becky,Tim and everyone else.Had a great time.Very well run.Everything went great.Sammy for his kind hospitality.You could not find a better bunch of folks anywhere. Mike

2. Bama73

Bama73 Member

Agreed, I had a wonderful time even if I was limited with my back. Thanks again to all who put on the shoot, for those who donated to the AIM program, and for all the good atmosphere provided.

Also HUGE congratulations to all of the AIM teams from my home range. They won the team title in pre sub, sub jr, and junior

3. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

You can't say enough about how WELL that shoot is always run. I had a great time and the atmosphere is the best. Thanks Guys and GIRLS for a wonderful weekend. Don Kerce

4. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Bill, Tim and the rest of the "Bama Gang" did it once again, another great shoot.. Those guys and yes girls, because anyone who was there saw the ramrod at work, Miss Becky. LOL... Seriously, from the ASTA right on down to the trap help, great, great job!!!! Another bonus, Bill did not jack up the prices for providing pre Sparta heat training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Van

5. Riceman

Riceman Member

Great Shoot, good people, HOT weather and best of all won the new traveling ANT Champ trophy!

Thanks for a Great Time

Steve Rice

6. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Scores posted online somewhere would be nice...

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken they are on the Alabama website. All that is needed is the ability to look for yourself.

It wasn't hard to find it took me all of about 1 minute to find the answers.

Bob Lawless

8. THALL

THALL Member

Thanks for all the kind words. It took a lot of people to pull the shoot off in good fashion. Ivanhoe beat me to the punch on getting a link to the scores out here. If anyone needs a idea on how to control fire ant beds, please send a PM to "Riceman" for complete details LOL. Plans on how to make it better next year are in the works. Thanks to everyone that attended, we had some great out of state shooters here. Shooters from nine other states come by to shoot with us down here in Alabama. If you were not able to attend, you missed a great chance to prepare the the Grand, temperatures were in the high 90's to low 100's every day. Hope you can make it next year. Tim Hall.

9. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Tim,
    Thanks to you and the rest the crew for another great shoot....I know that the Jacksonville crew will be back next year, the good Lord willing.. As far as the fire ant control, does that come with the body armor that Bill was wearing around after the "pesticide" was applied?? LOL Thanks again and hope to see you at the Grand...

Van

10. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Bob Lawless, thanks for the link - however, while I'm obviously not as clever as you, at 11:50pm last night when I checked, they were not yet on the Alabama site...

11. THALL

THALL Member

Van, send me some pictures of your "sun block" at your club. Good to see you again. Mike, I am glad you came up from the panhandle, hopefully can shoot some around the July 4th week. Tim Hall

12. trappypappy

trappypappy Member

The shoot results were posted at 10:28 pm last night, thanks to Jeff Ryals and Tim Hall. I converted them to a .PDF file and uploaded to the website. That was too slow, so I changed them to a web file (.htm)- that did not work, so they were changed to a .html file and sent into cyberspace at 11:28 pm. Sorry for the delay. http://www.alabamatrapshooters.com should get you there.
    Thanks, Jeff and Tim for making this happen. Bob Lawless has the direct link posted above. Thanks, Bob.

It was a great Alabama State Shoot- People that truly care, great fun, great food and good old Southern Hospitality.

Thanks to Tim, Don, Bill and everyone at the ASTA that made this happen.
    A special thanks to Becky for taking care of this heat exhausted shooter.

Hank Johnson

13. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Sorry that I missed the scores on Monday night, but by 11:28 CST, I was long past following this forum, but earlier was hoping someone would post them. Apparently "Ivanhoe" (chuckle) wasn't done for the day though, and at 1:30 in the morning felt the need to post a pissy comment along with his helpful link.

Sorry for the distraction on the thread, it was a wonderful shoot: great people, great food, good weather, great hardware - a special thanks to those that take the time to select the winner's prizes. Unhurried, which is probably a good thing when it's mid to upper 90's, just a nice shoot.

Hidden gem so to speak, if more people knew how good it was, they'd be there...

14. ivanhoe

rbmtrap I posted what I did because your attitude seem to need adjustment. The people that work these shoots have a lot to do in a very short time. What is needed most is a little understanding.

These people provided you with a venue for a pleasant experience at their state shoot. (I do not know if it is your state or not and I don't care) As always their best is not good enough for some people.

You said and I quote,

"Apparently "Ivanhoe" (chuckle) wasn't done for the day though, and at 1:30 in the morning felt the need to post a pissy comment along with his helpful link."

This is apparently where we differ. You attended the shoot in question and according to your own statements enjoyed yourself quite a bit. I pointed out that the score you were seeking were on line. I also insinuated that you have an abundance of thought less impatients. You however are the on that made the "pissy" comment

"Scores posted online somewhere would be nice..."

You seemed to enjoy the shoot and all that goes with it. Yet you seem to feel that the people that worked their tails off all week to get the shoot in the books owe you score on demand. You intolerance for their work ethic and presentation. Do not go into the record books as being patient or good sportsmanship.

I wasn't at the shoot but I have worked enough state shoots to understand the amount of work required to get good results. They should require shooters with your type of attitude to spend time working these shoots so you might learn a little patients and tolerance.

BTW I had no way of knowing at what time you checked or what time the scores were posted. Your constant comments about my contribution to this thread further amplify your attitude. Also all time posted here appear to be EST not CST.

Bob Lawless

15. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Final post from me on the topic as the thread has REALLY gotten away from the focus on the wonderful job done, yet again, by the folks in AL. Alabama IS in CST, and when they are working and watching their clock, it's yet an hour later (by the clock) in EST, the TS standard time - further, the scores were not posted on this site, but on the Alabama trap site.

There was NOTHING critical in my original post, just the hope/wish/desire that someone would post them - as there is no standard or mandatory public posting or reporting method, it's always a guessing game when, where, or even if, shoots will post the results.

Your pissy post assumed that I had not taken the steps you had taken, which I had taken, some hours earlier than you had taken them, when the scores were not yet available. First you were critical of my not taking your steps, now it's my assumed impatience - as it turns out, neither was true.

Posting your link to the results alone would have been helpful, your critical pissy remarks, based on your flawed assumptions, weren't.

Ivanhoe or Don Quixote - at 1:30 am I guess it's tough to tell...

Again, for me topic closed - great folks there, great shoot.

16. ivanhoe

I posted my comments and that was the end of it for me. You made a comment I let it slide. Then you made another that wasn't necessary. Hence forth your attitude reared it head.

If you had dropped it and let it alone I wouldn't have commented further so you only have your pissy attitude to blame for the divergence from focus at in this thread at least from my point of view. I you are done commenting then thank God. It would have been much easier if you had kept your comments to yourself.

Thanks O/U for your thought less comment!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.