1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alabama State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Paul09, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul09

Paul09 TS Member

hey everybody, i was wondering if anyone knows how the Alabama State shoot is going to be set up event wise?

Paul

2. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they will have 100 of each Singles/ caps/ and doubles on the prelim days(Thur and Fri) this year. Then 200 Singles championship on Sat., and the main doubles and Handicap on Sun., but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully Dixie will come on here if he is reading the threads and give the final low down. I do know it is a 4 day program this year.May 30th-31st and June 1st - 2nd.

3. BAP

BAP TS Member

The dates are May 31st- June 3rd. Theursday will 100 singles followed by handicaps and doubles. Friday will be 100 doubles followed by 100 handicap and then 100 singles ( this order was set up to be able to draw and determine the people in the handicap shoot off for the added money on Fridays handicap.) Sat and Sunday wil be normal order. All single and handicap events will be shot 25 targets at a time but you carry 2 boxes to the line and shoot the 2nd and 4th 25's directly after the 1st and 3rd with out any delay. This was implemented to help speed things up and get things done during good lighting. Bill Parson Jr.

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updated info Bill. I was about to correct myself and post the correct dates of May 31st to June 2nd. I goofed and realized I was looking at an old calendar earlier.-- I have to second Flagarto's post about the shoot. It's is one of the best run state shoots and Bill and his crew do a bang up job of running the show there.

5. Michael

Michael Member

Can someone email me the address as well as the name of the club that the state shoot will be at? I have never attended the shoot and would like to try and make it this year.

Thanks in advance

Michael Gooch
    ATA # 96-01424

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Where is this shoot held at?

7. BAP

BAP TS Member

You have mail. Bill

8. BAP

BAP TS Member

Roofer Bob The shoot is currently Held at Dixie Trap and Skeet which is just south of Montgomery, Al. in Mathews .Jerry and Mike thanks for the kind words. The State Association runs the shoot and does a lot of the work no one sees. I'm allowed some lee way in certain matters and help out where I can. The rest I let my wife Becky do and then I take all the credit. Bill

9. BAP

BAP TS Member

Roofer Bob The shoot is currently Held at Dixie Trap and Skeet which is just south of Montgomery, Al. in Mathews .Jerry and Mike thanks for the kind words. The State Association runs the shoot and does a lot of the work no one sees. I'm allowed some lee way in certain matters and help out where I can. The rest I let my wife Becky do and then I take all the credit. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.