1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AL391 Teknys Gold Target

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WNCRob, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Make sure its the Parallel Trap with the step rib...parallel (montecarlo style) comb. Great all-around gun.

WNCRob

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

what's the best barrel length to get, 30"? Would 32" be too much?

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Get a 30". 32" is cult and only good for trap.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

30". Great guns, but their adjustable comb hardware sucks.

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

30 inch and don't look back, it is a good gun. It has the shims kit for cast and drop, easy to work with and well, just get the gun and be happy.

6. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

as far as comb hardware, been shooting a gold trap for 5 years, umteen thousands of rounds through it and no problem what so ever with comb.

Have a Beretta 390 carrier put in for sure shell feed, other than that bang bang bang no problems.

7. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I've been shooting this gun for about a year. The best part is low recoil of the automatic, seems to load fine but i mostly shoot single shot games. I haven't cleaned it yet (reload clays)so it's pretty robust. I did have Tron replace the comb hardware with the "near drop in" Graco unit and installed an adjustable butt plate. I like the gun alot, many shooters at our club have ended up with this over time, again recoil. Mine is 32" gold target but most others I see are 30" and I see no difference. Only issue you'll have is figuring out which is yours from all the other similar guns in the rack.

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a AL391 Teknys Gold Target. It only come in a 30" with two ribs and adjustable comb. You can get two more different ribs that shoot higher if you want or lower. A 60/40 and 70/30 are standard. Also a recoil reduction device comes in the stock.

9. treefrog

treefrog TS Member

Did you have to make any modifications to the stock? Or did it just fit you?

10. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

I have a Teknys Gold Trap model with 30" barrel, adjustable comb and one rib. Little recoil and no issues with multiple feeds as I have shot hundreds and hundreds of doubles targets with nary a misfeed. The stock was a little long for me at 14 3/4 so I shortened it. I am taking it to shoot a few rounds of handicap right now...

Chris

11. chuckles

chuckles Member

Standard Length of Pull is 14 1/4"...if you have short arms you may have to have stock butt cut and butt pad refitted...this is a real important detail about shotgunning Trap, Skeet, etc.....

The Beretta AL391 Teknys is a really great gun, cannot go wrong with this all around gun...

If you live near a Cabela's or Gander Mountain or Bass Pro Shops you need to go and try one for fit and feel.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.