Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Timney Has Passed Away

11K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  whiz white 
#1 ·
Al Timney passed away today at 4:45 PM. We first knew him as a gunsmith at shoots we attended in California, Nevada, Arizona and Ohio; then we worked around him for years in the same machine shop. He was a good machinist and a true inventor and innovator. Almost everyone of his products were made with out blueprints all of the numbers were stored in his head.

Al will be remembered and missed by many.

Dicksie Spolar

#6 ·
I first met Al at the California State Shoot in 1973 as I wanted a better trigger for my 870. I bought another from him in 2000 and he was still going strong. Good man and service....I'd hate to guess as to how many shoots he attended over the years. Rest in peace.

#9 ·
I had the privelge of visiting his home and garage while he was working on a 1100 Remington trigger for me. I walked into his garage [really squeezed in] and watched him work. How he found anything [parts. etc.] was beyond me... but he sure knew what he was doing! My condolences to the family. Fred.

#11 ·
This is confusing, because I have been in contact with Heather Green. Heather works for the folks who bought the Timney Trigger outfit several years ago.

Heather sent me the following email several months ago in which she states Alan passed away "a few years ago."

This is a copy of her email to me:

Whiz White

#12 ·
Allen Timeny was a genius when it came to guns. If no part was available, he would remake one for you, or design a better one.

He was active until a few monts ago, but old age and memory problems got the best of him. As I anderstand it, he was in a Rest Home until his passing yesterday.

We will all miss him!

#17 ·
whiz white:

I sort of thought as you also that he passed on a few years ago but im sure that the one that made the thread is correct since he is into the reloader buisness and a vendor im sure at the past grands in Ohio.

Maybe Al sold out and the new people lied about him passing on if so then I will nevever buy or recommend anyone to buy from them, Whiz if you find out anything post it on this thread if we should give buisness to Heather Green or not.

Ok I am getting an email ready to send to the new company that said he passed a few years ago.

If I get any replies then I will post it.

Foghorn220

#19 ·
First and most importantly. I am very sorry to hear about Mr. Timney and my condolences and prayers go out to his family. He will truly be a great loss to the shooting community! As far as "Timney" triggers, I saw an ad in the Sept. edition of "Shotgun Sports" by Merle Kemmerly that said they were making all of the Timney release triggers now?? The ad is on page16 if anybody wants to see it.

#20 ·
Al was one of the great innovators in our sport. I bought several triggers from him without problem. I still carry a double release for my perazzi I had
Al build 12 years ago. Never had a problem with it to this day. Sorry to hear of his passing. Condolences to his family. - Jim Elliott

#24 ·
Timney Triggers of Phoenix Arizona makes rifle triggers and Alan Timney of Cerritos California did shotgun triggers. I do not believe the two were related in any way.

Alan Timney did several triggers for me. His work was excellent. He will be missed.

Jim Skeel

#25 ·
Whiz, he was alive 2 years ago when I talked with him on the phone. I needed some of the buttons that he made to close the actions on the 1100. He seemed a little disoriented then. The next time I called, Mrs. Timney answered the phone (a few months later), and took care of my additional request. She indicated that he was no longer able to take care of business, and she was handling inventory requests. So I believe that they lady who wrote to you was not correct.

My codolences to the family...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.