1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Al Quaida vs street gangs

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Why don't we go after street gangs with the same vigor as we go after Al Quaida? Why the gov't allows 1.4 million gang members in the U.S. is beyond all reason. Maybe they all voted for Obama !!!

Phil Berkowitz

2. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Thats an easy question to answer. I go back to last night when the Oakland California mayor was being interviewed on CBS news. Subject: Homicides and not enough budget for more police. When asked whats the problem his answer was too many guns on the street. Guns do not fire without someone pulling the trigger. He can't give the real answer he'll lose too many votes from the street gangs and their parents. Mostly black and hispanic. But don't blame your own people and lose votes. Government figures bear this out. And this is happening all across the nation in our inner cities. And ..thats a fact. Same answer from Chicago and Rahm Emanuel. Blame the guns not the gangsters to pull the trigger. Maybe the real problem is not enough leaders and too many unqualified politicians. ed nichols

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

illegal drugs = gang activity = gun violence. And people are trying legalize illegal drugs.

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The FBI stats prove that the murder rate in cities over 250,000 is two or three times the murder rate of the rest of the nation. You can look it up, it is public information. What groups are well established in large cities? Gangs. I do not care if they are Asian, Black, Latino or green men from mars, they are ruining any hope of a quality of life in our cities and draining taxpayer resources. I'll bet I can drive you past 10,000 housing units in the City of Chicago in about 4 hours, that are uninhabitable because they are in Neighborhoods where the crime is so high, no one can keep them maintained. Chicago rents are really high in cost, imagine what supply and demand will do to that price if yoou can throw another 10,000 residences in the market.

The two legitemate purposes of government are securing the borders against enemies and keeping the street safe for the citizens to build a nation. It does not appear that any of our ruling class politicians are interested in acheiving those purposes, even though we already have a constitution that demands it.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Only 548 could have the answer.

Bob Falfa

6. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Leo has it right, pointing out the crime rates in larger population centers. It has been well documented in laboratories that if you put too many rats in a cage, they will, at a certain density, turn on each other, kill and eat the weaker or smaller individuals, and the whole rat society, or pecking order, breaks down.

Why would anyone be surprised that the same thing happens in our society? When the population density of a city becomes too great, and people are warehoused in highrise apartments or housing projects, without enough room to move freely without impinging on the space of their neighbors, you find the same sort of violence occuring as in the laboratory cage. The societal norms break down, the small and weak are picked on by larger, more violent members of the society, and you have what is happening now in cities worldwide. Without strong action to enforce the will of society, that the welfare and wishes of the small and weak not be subject to the whims of the strong and predatory, the breakdown will only accelerate, to a point from which there may be no return.

The only true remedy to such breakdowns, once they occur, is the permanent removal of the offending predatory elements. Once this is accomplished, the population must be either restricted in its ability to increase, or given more room to accommodate an increase. Parks and open space in a housing project won't accomplish this need for space, as the same volume of humanity will still be occupying the same volume of housing.

The proof of the above statements comes when you compare the types of crimes, and rates, between urban, suburban, and rural populations. While you may find the same types of crimes occuring in the three jurisdictions, they will be at vastly differing rates. This will be due to many factors, but those factors may be simplified down to "more personal space, less crime." It is not a case of "less people, less crime", I believe it is because in a suburban or rural area, it is easier to keep track of what is happening, and what your neighbors are up to. When people are aware that their neighbors know what they are doing, they obey the rules of their society, unless they are psychopaths or sociopaths.

As Leo says, the political will isn't there to face the problems in society today, and until there is, the breakdown of society will continue.

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Who cares? I don't think they should even be counted in national gun statistic.

They use their homicide numbers to scare the public.

8. Remdog1187

Remdog1187 Well-Known Member

I agree we should ELIMINATE gangs with the same vigor we did in the 1930's.
    But if you think that street gangs actually vote or voted for Obama you are delusional. They are not worried about who's POTUS. They are concerned with their next score and controlling their turf.

Steet gangs have always flourished selling illegal drugs. Whether it's Sicilians, Irish, Jews, Hispanics or Blacks. A certain element of society will ALWAYS demand drugs. There will always be suppliers.

1.) Educate the public from grade school on about drugs.
    2.) Legalize drugs.
    3.) The profits for the drug trade for gangs will be diminished and the gun violence will diminish also.

Ban guns and you will only see another black market created for gangs to control, profit from and murders will increase.

9. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I agree with Remdog. Gang members are probably not voters.

However, I think we should round up the gang members and ship them to Iraq and Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria and the Muslim dominated areas of Africa with a limited supply of ammunition and let them them duke it out with Al Quaeda. America might just eliminate two problems at once.

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Ask the filthy, dirty, self loathing, white liberal college professors why we have a gang problem in this country. Their policies and rantings over the last 30 years are the reason.

11. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Round the gang-bangers up. Ship them to Afghanistan, give them all the weapons they want, tell them it's their turf and to be sure and fly their "colors."

Pull our troops out.

I know it's a fantasy but I like it!

12. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

What strikes me is why are so many ethnic men just hanging out in even the small cities in groups around doorways, park benches, automobiles etc.? Where are all the ethnic women and children?
    Not too many men visible now in the winter but in the summer it's overwhelming.

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

They are in the garden trying to out "HO" each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.