1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Al Franken's the Winner

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Al Franken

Shame of Minnesota

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's news to us here in Minnesota, Barry.

Neil

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Is there some news that I haven't seen? Thought it would be several weeks before it is decided.

No matter the decision, Al Fanken is many things but he'll never be a "winner". He'll either be the first loser or the second loser. He hasn't lived in Minnesota for many, mnay years. The dumbing down of Minnesota (and the USA) is just about complete.

Bob

4. Barry C. Roach

Just on Cspan

5. Barry C. Roach

May have misinturpreted if so, I'm sorry for the misinformation. However, still shame on Minnesota.

6. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Mr. Roach I believe that it is "shame on certain Minnesotans." Specifically those who voted for him. The rest of us were honest and only voted once, and it wasn't for him!

7. Barry C. Roach

Illinois' no better. It's not the votes that count it's who counts the votes.

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

It's amazing that more votes were cast in Highly Democratic precincts than people registered. How did that happen? Maybe the Iraqis could show Minnesota how to count votes; the people deserve better than that. Don;t you have the Soros boys helping to make sure Franken wins; if so then you lose. BT-100dc

9. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I live in Minnesota and I didn't vote for that moron. Coleman was A easy target and was aimed at by the unions. Franken belongs to four unions and supports the employee free choice act. Unions buy democrat politicians. Before the election Working America A affiliate of the AFL-CIO was in full force in Minnesota and other states. They had a full force of people pounding on your door pushing the Democrats as well as Franken. Some of them had a blank ballot to show you how to mark it for there people in case you were to stupid to mark it on your own. I took full pleasure in running these low lives off my property. One day I ran four off them off in one group. I don't need the AFL_CIO to instruct me on how to vote I find that very insulting.

With about 40% of union members voting other than democrat I will never understand why they allow the unions to support the democrat party with millions of there dollars.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Theater of the Absurd.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Arn't they the dupes that voted Jessie into office? What a bunch of losers.

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dont get exercised over this recount thing. The court will tire of this and give it to Franken. He's as good as in, but cannot vote yet.

13. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Another Democrat that has "mistakenly" not paid his taxes, seems like a conspiracy....can anyone spell R-I-C-O?

www.newsmax.com/kessler/al_franken_taxes/2009/02/06/179148.html?utm_medium=RSS

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

14. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Is this fact yet, that he definitely made it in??? I'm surprised if this is true, since I haven't seen the liberal media drooling all over themselves over this tidbit of info yet. puablo

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Rememebr their former heroe - Hubert (The Hump) Humphrey? The Dems actually named him that themselves when the chanted "Dump The Hump" at the Dem National Convention. I say, let the seceed!

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My information is the other 4800...etc.

Wonder if he will pay his delinquent taxes. Another so called leader who doesn't have to obey the rules.

Someone should citizens arrest the bastard.

HM

17. DJM

DJM Member

The term "Yellow Dog Democrat" was originated by you folks from the south. But this election proves there are plenty of yellow dogs here in the north. Don Miller

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Just thought you would like a picture of Al Gore lighting a fart. LOL

http://wa3.images.onesite.com/blogs.telegraph.co.uk/user/milo_yiannopoulos/global-warming-gore-fire.jpg?v=102600

19. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Good thing it wasnt comin out the other end, the guy would be in big trouble.

20. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

this is a transcript of a 1979 sat.night live news skit Al Franken did.

Jane Curtin: And now, to talk about income taxes, is Weekend Update Social Sciences Editor, Al Franken. Al?

Al Franken: Why, thanks, Jane! Well, now that it’s tax time, I know a lot of you are thinking, what can you do to help me, Al Franken, do my taxes. Well, first, let me say that 1979 was a pretty good year for me, even though it wasn’t part of the Al Franken Decade. As a major writer/personality for a major TV show, I did.. pretty well. I’m not gonna tell you exactly what I made, because it might make a few of you a little less likely to be concerned about me, Al Franken. But let’s just say that.. you’d be pretty impressed.

Now, one nice thing I learned about making a lot of money, is that on the percentage basis, the more money you make, the less taxes you really end up paying. For example, last year, George Bush paid $3,000 in taxes on almost $100,000 income. Not bad, George! You see, the tax codes are written by guys who have a lot of money - just like me, Al Franken.

Okay, now I’m gonna tell you three of the ways that I legally avoid paying my fair share of taxes. I’m not going to tell you everything - after all, this is something I pay my big-time accountant for, whose services are, by the way, tax-deductible.

Now, first - the Al Franken Corporation. You see, I make only $300 a week, paid to me by Al Franken the Corporation. Now, the rest of the money taken in by the Al Franken Corporation goes to paying many of the expenses of its employee - me, Al Franken. Now, of course, the more business expenses that Al Franken, me and Al Franken, the corporation can document, the less taxes I have to pay.

Which brings me to how you can help me, Al Franken with my taxes. I would like each and every one of you to send me your spare receipts. I mean, any receipts. you see, since I’m a comedian, almost anything I spend can be justified as a business expense. For example, this sports jacket. [ holds out sleeve ] See, I’m wearing it on TV, so it’s a business expense. [ pulls leg over desk ] You see.. these pants here. Now deductible, because they’re on TV. [ extends wrist ] Okay, this watch. It’s an expensive watch, it’s now deductible. Okay.. [ picks up tape deck and puts in on desk ] This portable tape deck. It’s got everything.. now deductible. Now, this Christmas, I went to Hawaii.. [ holds up picture ] ..and here’s a picture of me in Hawaii, taken by some friends I met there. And, I don’t know if you can see this - can we pull in a little closer there? [ camera zooms in on picture ] Now, obviously, I couldn’t have taken this picture unless I’d actually gone to Hawaii, and stayed in a hotel there. And I think that you, the audience, you like this picture, am I right? [ audience applauds wildly ] Okay, now the Hawaii trip is deductible.

Send me any receipt you can’t use! Books! Stationary! Medicine! My accountant can something with it, believe me! I’d like to talk especially to you poor people, who were unemployed in 1979, and went below the poverty level in ghettos of America. Now, you don’t pay taxes, you don’t need your receipts, so send them to me, please, everybody! Send in your receipts to me, Al Franken, New York, New York. I’d appreciate it. Thank you.

Jane Curtin: Thank you, Al, I hope everything works out.

sound familiar what is old is new again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.