1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AL 391 Trap w/ tubes coming loose - SOLVED

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Spanky, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I figured I'd give you guys a heads up on my loose choke tube problem. I want to thank all who responded to my previous post. I shot on Wednesday night and some this afternoon and used (2) different thread sealers/lubricants and they both held tube tight at the muzzle ( hand tight ), I refuse to use a wrench on extended tubes.

LOCTITE 567 PST Pipe Sealant w/ Teflon (recomended for SS) - used very spearingly on first couple of threads prior to installing and Firmly hand tightening. Made little to no mess, no thread damage, no binding. Choke Threads Were Easy To Clean.

*Loctite C5-A Copper Anti-Seize Grease - Finely Coated Diameter Of Threads Firmly Hand Tightened. Little To No Mess, Choke Tube Was Very Easy To Clean.*

Even though my results were good as far as keeping my threads tight. I feel the thread sealant will be a possible issue later on if the choke is in for a long period of time. Cleaning will be tougher if it sets up but, I think it would have better holding power in the long run. I feel better about the anti-seize, don't think it would ever get crusty under normal shooting conditions.

Working in heavy industrial equipment repair I have alot of things to try at my finger tips. Personally neither of these two will damage anything in the long run. If you experience this just do NOT use low to high strength thread LOCKERS, this stuff will set up permanently and when it hardens it gets like at plastic, crystalizes to a degree and heat will be needed to remove choke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.