1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Al-391 Beretta Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapdoctor, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapdoctor

trapdoctor TS Member

How is the bolt recoil spring tube plunger piece kept inside the stock tube, so the bolt can be removed without it following?

My cajon budy broke the stock tube by throwing the shotgun on the groun!!!

From my observations, I need to peen or punch the threaded end of the tube inward to retain the spring plunger.

jim

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

>>>"How is the bolt recoil spring tube plunger piece kept inside the stock tube, so the bolt can be removed without it following?"<<<

The forward end of the tube is smaller in diameter than the base of the plunger.

3. trapdoctor

trapdoctor TS Member

Easystreet

Thanks, I made a small sleeve to stop the spring plunger. The plunger will not make contact with the sleeve until the bold assembly is removed. Next time , I will swedge the end down and then thread. When a CoonAss throws a AL-391 on the ground something will brake!!!!!

jim

4. Easystreet

That should work as long as it doesn't extend forward too much. If it extends forward too much, it would get battered by the rear end of the bolt slide during the bolt's rearward travel.

5. trapdoctor

trapdoctor TS Member

Easystreet,

I saw that and kept the sleeve flush with the face of the threaded end. The plunger end is .465" diameter and extendes in front of the two .522" pilot diameters by .600". Thats why I made the sleeve only .200" long. Since the Beretta, is my hunting buddy's, I will be able to keep an eye on it! The part was $100.00 from Beretta, my show only charged two cases of Budweiser!!!!

jim

6. Easystreet

Sounds good to me. I'll drink to that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.