1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Akro bin for wads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm out of wads and won't be ordering any until Friday/Monday but I want to order an Akro-bin that will fit a bag of wads. What size bin should I get to hold 500 12ga wads?

Right now I'm grabbing wads straight from the bag to reload with and the time I spend fighting trying to get my hand out of the bag is slowing me down too much.

2. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

You might want to go to WWW.Stack-ON-Products and check out their #14 bin. I purchased these in a six pack from Cabelas several years ago when they carried them. They will hold up to a flat of shells and a bag of 500 wads. Very durable.

John

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

These are like Akro. Are they still American made? I do not know. But these are common stacking boxes that have been available in this style for 40 years.
    [​IMG]

I use these plain plastic boxes from Menards. Anyone has these. Stack-On is a Chicago area company that makes cabinets inexpensively. Would make the Chinese blush.

4. JACK

The boxes shown are the Menard boxes. Go to the web page to see Stack on products

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Menards has stack on bins. Don't know what brand they are but that's where I bought the ones I'm using on my loading bench. I think Home Depot has them too.

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I use a paint roller pan for holding wads and hulls ready to feed into my MEC's. I find the half size the most convenient.

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

For wads I use an 8lb. cardboard round powder container lid. Holds enough wads to load a bunch of shells, by the time it is empty I'm ready for a short break. For empty hulls a flat (of shells) box works for me. Both items aren't too tall to reach into and both hold (for me) an appropriate amount of product. Keep it simple!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

8. oneoldbirddogger

oneoldbirddogger TS Member

White flyer target boxs are the ticket, i collect them from the GC any chance i get, they hold 500-750 wads there also great for catching the reloads and storing hulls,wads reloads, shooting supplies, rags,etc. they last forever and the price is right, okay, i am cheap, i mean thrifty but that is one definetion of a trapshooter isnt it?
    thrifty! CMSU (crack my self up)

Good luck in your search
    Ken

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I got a couple of these from tumbleweeds a few years back when he was making them. The hold a bag of wads with no problem.

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view&current=reloadinghopper001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

ss

10. chipped99

chipped99 Active Member

I found the Container Store,if you have one in your area,to be the MECCA of holders,stackers and whatnot's for just about every item on your loading bench.Mine are just right for a bag of wads and the same continer will hold about 300 hulls.I have one on each side of the P/W and really like the ease of use. They have a drop front and are stackable.Sorry not smart enough to post a pick but my shooting buddies say they are COOL!!!!

11. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Hornady used to make them out of cardboard - maybe they still do.
    pretty handy - they fold up flat for storage. I bought these at the Grand in Vandalia back in the early 90's.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

oops - sent 2 of the same.

[​IMG]

13. JACK

Here is a website for "The container Store"

YOu'll get the same stuff at Meanrds or Home despot or Lowerys

14. dflo

dflo Member

Lowes has stanley bin that is black. I use these for both wads and hulls. They are $5 and work great. the bin will hold over 500 wads so you can refill before running out.

Dale

15. Mark S

Mark S TS Member

[​IMG]

This is what I use for a wad dispenser. It is a cat food dispenser. Can be purchased at any pet store. It will hold 500 wads. Has a top to keep out the dust. Has a small footprint on the reloading bench. Feeds the perfect amount of wads into the tray by gravity. Never clogs up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.