1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AK... Jeff P... Airline Fares

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ibex, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibex

Ibex TS Member

jack,

just for giggles I went to flyaow.com & punched in Minneapolis to Anchorage coming and going on a Tuesday in July and it came up with a flight less than $650 per person and a buch of flights less than $800. change your departure / return dates to avoid any Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday flights and it cheapens up a bunch. Give it a try.

Mike

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jack that sounds way high to me. I hate to see the airlines get you money instead of me so let me do some shoppin for ya. LOL

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jack there is a direct flight to Anchorage for $900 and the cheapest I saw was $723. You might get a cheaper ticket a little later as the fuel prices are still dropping.

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

Since the club is by the Inlet there really isn't a bug problem and noseeums are August bugs anyway. In July the sun is setting about 10;30 and rises again at 4;30 but it really never gets dark. We generally start dinner and beer as soon as we are done shooting unless you are in a shootoff. I think last year we only had 20 squads and we used 8 traps to shoot them. The latest we were done was around 5PM which leaves plenty of time to have some fun. You might want to ship your gun right to the club so Dave Cross can put it away. Check the rates and if they are too much I get a pretty good rate from FedEX.

My problem this year is that the shoot is so late in July I may not make it due to the timing of the salmon runs. So I'm kinda on a day to day basis waiting for the fish to return. It's like farming you have to make hay while the sun shines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.