1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Airy-Zona vacation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by neofight, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

Just got back a couple days ago from camping out at Desert Gardens RV Park, just S. of Florence, Az. and not far from a nice trap club outside of Casa Grande. Nice wide open spaces and dry desert air was just what we needed after putting up with plenty of rain up here in OrryGone.

They were having some cowboy events during one of our drives over to the club and got a chance to watch the action and talk with some shooters. They had a couple women there who were giving the dogs a good run for the money. I suffered a little sticker shock when i got the bill for my morning of practice, $6.00 a round..ouch. I'm used to paying $3.50 back home, but it was worth it to be able to shoot and meet up with some new peeps.

Looks like mama and i are going to plan on spending most of next winter down there, do some trap, shoot some pool, toss some horseshoes and bounce around on some desert trails in pursuit of the lost Dutchman : ) The Sonora is outstanding and well worth visiting. Snakes and scorpions are optional.
    neofight_2010_010415.jpg

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Next trip make sure you go across Apache Trail but don't pull the trailer behind you if you go ... Its a day trip and everyone should see real desert out on the trail ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

John, Your not that far out of the way near Florence, but towards Mesa, Apache Junction, or over towards the North side of Phoenix where WPT is can be a little more convenient. Just off I-17 is Ben Avery, a great facility for any kind of shooting. Another place, much smaller at Usery Pass is Rio Salado. As far as the desert and mountains, this area just begs for you to get out there and enjoy it. Have a good Summer and look forward to seeing you here next Winter.

4. neofight

neofight TS Member

We wanted to run the Apache Trail, but ran out of time looking at everything else. We plan on staying there longer as i mentioned, will leave the 5th wheel in camp of course and try to see a bit more next year. We're thinking of storing our 5th wheel in a covered storage down there for the summer and avoid having to drag it back and forth each year.

I'll need to talk to some who have done this to see about the effects of 120degrees has on an RV, even in the shade. See you next year.Love those 75 mph highways.
    neofight_2010_010416.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.